Chasing/weather related vanity plates

Hmm...

Caleb Lawrence, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

That's odd. Both IE and Firefox.

I tried searching for vanity plates, but didn't come up with anything useful. I thought there was a thread on it before, but couldn't find it. Oh well...couldn't post in the archived one anyway.

What do you have in mind for yours? I went through a variety of choices before I settled on VORTEX1 (just ordered it earlier at the bureau). Luckily it's available in Ohio. Personalized fee is $35 in Ohio, on top of regular plate charges that comes out to about $80.

car121306.jpg

(Photo courtesy of my brother Matt)

I actually just got some new vanity plates for my vehicle as a gift... I'll get a pic up over break here hopefully, but my plate reads:

IA CHSR

Oh and of course it is an Iowa State Vanity plate... ;)

Both my cars had vanity plates. The car with TWISTRS died but I kept the plates before it was towed out. My newest car has TORNADQ.
NDplate2.jpg

Above currently in use
NDplate.jpg

This one is temporarily retired

Everyone knows the "WXNERD" !! I seem to remember the old, retired, crashed up WXNERD vehicel and the new one. I believe there was a thread when you had a bad accident?? Anyway, great plate.

I have a set of fun plates... WX NERD

I'll get a pic posted as soon as I find the thing! LOL

Some of you might have seen mine or "someone elses" before,

CUNOZ, Nebraska plates.

It was supposed to be CU N OZ but they screwed them up somehow, I can get them corrected for only 6 bucks but I keep procastinating. Hmmm, maybe I'll do that today...

My old one was old school WSR-57 code ...TRWXXA...should have seen all the confused looks in my rear view mirror. A bunch of people just honked their horns as they went by and shrugged their shoulders. Air Force guys knew though...my second plate was BWER.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back