Chase party 5/5/2007 Olathe ,KS who wants to come?

Sat May 5th is a GO.

When : May 5,2007

Time :11- whenever

Place: 15016 W.150th , Olathe , KS 66062

directions:
off of 151st and BlackBob (best to come I-35 to 151st go East take right at Walgreens and MacDonalds (right ahead)- I will try to post a map on my blog or here
tele: (home) 913-7805902 (mobile) 9132861247
other: buffet bbq $8 (no pork) ; have 3 people now need 7 more for all you can eat BBQ buffet (chicken, turkey , brisket, NO PORK plus sides )
bring dessert , videos, photos -
I can hold 10-20 people in living room dinning room can be used for the eats

also:
I have a portable DVD- reg vcr- and another vcr/dvd combo I can bring that plays well with the 20 inch TV set up
Looking forward to meeting you all, eating, kibitzing (jewish for small talk) and seeing your videos , photos and more

? let me know
Dr. Eric Flescher ([email protected])
(home) 913-7805902 (mobile) 9132861247

Last edited by a moderator:
5/5/2007 chase party Olathe KS

Thanks for the info. So far we have me Eric Flescher, Anthony Silver, Brian Stertz, J. Ketchum and Chris Wilbrun.

That means 5 . We need 5 more for the all you can eat BBF buffet . I would like to let the BBQ place know Friday afternoon so we have a week.
If it does not work out that we get 10 for the buffet, we can either have a bring your own stuff (like pizza, chips, non pork stuff, pop) or I can still order meals for each person which is slightly less but not all your can eat. I will try to find the website (fi they have one) so you can look at the menu.

I will also bring in my other VCR/DVD combo unit to show the Videos or the DVDs.

? let me know

jketcham said:
Hey Eric, fellow chaser & storm track member Chris Wilburn will be going up there with me.. he has to work that night so we'll have to leave at 6:30.. but that's fine as that gives us 7.5 hours if it starts at 11am.

I will probably be able to make it...I am planning on going to a Royals game at 6 so I would have to leave a little early(All of this is pending on if there is severe wx of course ;) )

John and I would probably go since we live on 151st and Quivera. But the models are showing a crazy system moving into the Plains that day so I may be out chasing.

JF etc
That is great!! Glad to meet you guys and you are surely welcome. I have been Toronto, Vancouver, Nova Scotia.
Let me know if you can't make it or need more info.

I might be able to make it, it is only a 6-7 mile trip from Gardner. But, I work at 2 that day (might call out).

But keep a watch on the weather systems poised for that weekend too per the GFS.

good idea in case there is severe weather on 5/5

Good idea.
We can either do it later that night, Sunday or maybe week after. Let's everyone check in let me know what you all think by Friday if you can.
So far that is 11 people if all show . 10 is needs for that all you can eat BBQ buffet. I would like to tell them on Friday whether it is ago or not so we can make a decision based on the models and how weather is shaping. But if it is like yesterday (27th) around Olathe, who knows and your guess is as good as mine or not (see my chase report for the 27th).

Maybe we could all chase then meet after the chase if the system, becomes crazy enough so we must all cancel our presence...

just down the road- that makes 12 if all come

I worked in Gardner 20 years ago. Gardner is close by so come when you can. That would make 12 so far is all want the buffet which I think is a good deal :)
BTW, when and where did you take that tornado shot on your avatar near your name?
:)

I might be able to make it, it is only a 6-7 mile trip from Gardner. But, I work at 2 that day (might call out).

But keep a watch on the weather systems poised for that weekend too per the GFS.

JF etc
That is great!! Glad to meet you guys and you are surely welcome. I have been Toronto, Vancouver, Nova Scotia.
Let me know if you can't make it or need more info.

Unfortunately christine canceled. Her medication gave her what I call the Mega-**** so 20 hours + in car is not a good idea for her.

We'll bring some maple syrup for dessert ;).

That was Lawrence, KS on May 8, 2003. I took the picture off of K-10 at Clinton Parkway near Clinton Lake. The tornado went on to produce F-2 damage in southwestern Lawrence.

I worked in Gardner 20 years ago. Gardner is close by so come when you can. That would make 12 so far is all want the buffet which I think is a good deal :)
BTW, when and where did you take that tornado shot on your avatar near your name?
:)

Latest stuff

Right now I have 10 including me. There might be 3 more.
Meanwhile, the bbq will cost $6.50 each (it will not be all you can eat sorry about that).
Each plate will have brisket, chicken and baked beans and coleslaw.
Please let me know if YOY DON'T want this BBQ plate. I will assume you do unless you tell me differently. I hope this BBQ stuff works.
So far I have
Eric Flescher, Anthony Silver, Brian Stretz, J. Ketchum, Darin Brunin, JF Massicotte, Allan Theunissen, Michael Okefee, Ben Prusia, Jim Ducan .

Everyone else needs to bring pop, drinks, beeer, chips etc.
I will set up the stuff on the dining room table.
I will call in the number around friday noon so please email me by Thursday or post here or call me 913-780-5902 and leave a message at my home.I will pick up the stuff at 11:00.
Things will start at 11:00 and people can come later if you would like (if you want me to hold a BBQ let me know) and go when ever you need to.
I will pay for it and everyone will need to pay me when we get settled.

If things look to be bad (or good as they say for storms) let me know. Because I don't want to keep the BBQ place hi and dry. I would need to cancel the BBQ by noon friday if we need to cancel as you all and I might be chasing.

Right now we are on for Sat

Please post , call or email if you have ?

hope to see you all and your pics and videos and you all

Eric