• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Cant connect to strormtrack via p.c. desktop, chromenook?

Bobby Little

Supporter
Since last night I cannot connect to stormtrack via my home p.c. or my chromebook. I can access via my android phone. Is the site having troubles? I have done all the usual stuff so I think is on the sites end

Hi Bobby,

I am looking at this site on my desktop PC without any issues. Did you have any Windows Updates and check to see if your A/V and/or Firewall is allowing the site to come through? I would also run an A/V scan to make sure you do not have any pesky critters on your machine.

Hi Bobby,

I am looking at this site on my desktop PC without any issues. Did you have any Windows Updates and check to see if your A/V and/or Firewall is allowing the site to come through? I would also run an A/V scan to make sure you do not have any pesky critters on your machine.
A reboot of my dsl and router took care of it thx

A couple times the past two days I could not get ST to come up on either my desktop computer or phone. It seems to be working fine now. Have there been recent issues that you are aware of?

No and you're basically going it alone when everyone else can connect. It's 100% to do with your ISP and that's better off being troubleshooted from the user end.

Thanks, Mark. When it went out for the third time this afternoon and I was able to log on with my phone when I shut off wifi, I kind of figured that. Just re-set the connection and that seems to have done the trick, at least for now. My ISP is the worst, but not much choice up here in the mountains.

Back