Best low-end camcorders

With my current budget, I need something even cheaper than what you are talking about. I have probably AT MOST 400 dollars to spend on a video camera. I know it's going to be a shít camera, but I need the best of the shít. Any help is appreciated.

I've been eyeing an even lower-end model, the JVC GR-D350. It's got a 32x zoom and the "shake correction". It's right at $300, but I have yet to determine a lux level.

Our SKYWARN presenter (Hector Guerrero) said he caught a funnel at night with a low-lux camcorder.

--
M

I bought my Sony TRV-19 for right around $400 new in March of 2004. I guess if you only had $400 to spend those cheaper Sony's like that one could work. I'd stay away from Canon in that range.

I finally made up my mind yesterday and got the Sony HC1. My low end idea finally went out the window with the desire to have something in HDV format.

If your in the $200.00 to $400.00 I would recomend the sony dcr trv18, trv20, trv25 or trv27. You can buy these used on ebay for a couple hundred. They are bullet proof, have HAD for lowlight and lets you transfer mpegs from the mini dv tape to a memory stck for easy loading of videos to the web.

Hey Mike, i also bit the bullet and picked up a HC-1. It wont be going on my dash mount yet, I will use my trv25 for that, but it will be my out of the truck tripoded camera, atleast until the new wears off.

Hank
www.weatherpic.com

With my current budget, I need something even cheaper than what you are talking about. I have probably AT MOST 400 dollars to spend on a video camera. I know it's going to be a shít camera, but I need the best of the shít. Any help is appreciated.
[/b]

If your in the $200.00 to $400.00 I would recomend the sony dcr trv18, trv20, trv25 or trv27. You can buy these used on ebay for a couple hundred. They are bullet proof, have HAD for lowlight and lets you transfer mpegs from the mini dv tape to a memory stick for easy loading of videos to the web.

The above cameras are not built new anymore, but you can find them used in mint condition. There is a dcr-trv18 on ebay right now for $260. with $100.00 worth of extra batteries included.

Back