Beacon not showing

David L B

Enthusiast
Hey, I have a problem and hope someone can help me out. I’ve been on email with RadarScope and they assured me that there is no problem on their end and settings are set up correctly. RadarScope is saying the problem is on the spotter network side. The issue is, I can’t seem to get my beacon to show up. It was working great for a couple weeks and just stopped working. I’m using the iPhone XR and all permissions have been granted. Any ideas?

Have you logged into your Spotter Network account recently to make sure everything is ok there?
They did make some changes a couple weeks ago that required you have certain fields filled out in the contact information.
(not sure if it'll keep your beacon from showing up, but worth a check?)

Can you make screenshots of your “Layers” and “Settings” tabs and post them here? Please make your Settings tab showing the information exactly like mine in the attached photo. We need to rule out the simple stuff before we go much further.

3FE630E2-B433-4F96-AA7A-DD412F94477D.jpeg

NC319 is not your real name and I would bet you dollars to donuts that SN locked your account. @John Wetter can you confirm that this is the case? The annual newsletter posted in the sticky post area discusses this issue in detail. That's why I mentioned reading those yesterday in our email conversation. For now I’d correct your first and last name information at Spotter Network’s website, then send them an email at support at spotternetwork dot org and request that they remove the lock on it. You’ll be ahead in the queue that way by the time John gets here.

Back