Angry Planet TV Show

I just got some awesome news about my "Angry Planet" TV series

... We just got the green light for SEASON THREE!!!

This is wild. We got the approval for a third season before any of the season two episodes even aired at all. As a matter of fact, we still have 5 episodes left to shoot for season two that will keep us busy until the end of July.
Season three will be another full batch of 13 episodes. My wish list to the network contained about 20 show ideas so we'll see which ones I get to do.
Here is a full list of what we've done so far:
Season One:
1) Storms of 2005 - Retrospective look back, including Katrina (Pilot episode)
2) Fire & Water - Forest fires in Yukon & Utah
3) Desert Monsoon - Lightning chasing in Arizona
4) African Hellhole - Rwanda & Congo - Nyiragongo volcano lava lake
5) Winds of Autumn - More forest fires in northernn Ontario & tropical storm Isaac in Newfoundland
6) Tornadoes - Tornado chase season 2006
7) Wild Water - Great white sharks & river rapids
8) Boiling Lake - Dominica - The world's first rope traverse of the boiling lake
9) Avalanche - Triggering snow slides with explosives in the Rocky Mountains
10) Volcanic Wedding - Getting married on the crater's edge of an exploding volcano in Vanuatu
11) Blizzard - Being frozen solid in a wind tunnel & a winter climb of Mount Washington
12) Fin del Mundo - Sailing around Cape Horn - Chile/Argentina
13) Midwest Stormfest - Tornado chase season 2007

Season Two:
1) Waterspouts - Chasing waterspouts by boat in the Florida Keys
2) Hurricane - Hurricane Dean in Jamaica & Noel in Nova Scotia
3) Island Caving - Following rivers deep underground on Vancouver Island
4) Hottest & Coldest - Extreme temperatures of North America from Death Valley in summer to the Yukon in winter
5) Hawaii - The extremes of Hawaii, from bottow to top - Sharks, waves, lava flows and even ice & snow
6) Thunder Down Under - Storm chasing in Australia
7) Italia Wild - The wild side of Italy - Stromboli volcano, flood control in Venice
8) West Coast Winter Weather - Winter in the mountains in Alberta & B.C.
9) Land of Fire & Ice - Iceland with its glaciers & volcanoes (Filming in March)
10) Trek to Timbuktu - The Sahara desert in Mali, birthplace of many Atlantic hurricanes (Filming in April)
11) Kitum Cave - Uganda/Kenya - Carved out by elephants, this cave is linked to two outbreaks of Marburg virus, cousin to Ebola (Filming in Juune)
12) Monsoon - India during the rainy season, where rainfall is measured in feet (Filming in July)
13) Fire mountains of Java - Volcano climbing in Indonesia (Filming in July)

Season Three:
Well, we'll just have to see what I come up with... I'm still coming up with ideas for new episodes.

The show currently airs in Canada, Australia, England, Sweden, Hong Kong & Finland. DVD's of season one will be available later in the year.

George Kourounis
www.stormchaser.ca

This looks awesome George! I want to see them all but I want to see the episode about waterspout chasing! I have always wanted to do that but never seen it done.

I will have to pick up a DVD, where would I get it?

That is awesome. To be able to A) do what you were put on Earth to do and B) get paid for it while C) producing high quality work, that's a great life! Well done, keep it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds awesome. I've heard about your show but I don't think I've caught any of them yet. Are they aired here in the US or only on the UK Travel Channel? I seen you had a link to watch full episodes any way to get access to that? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now we don't have full episodes online viewable to the public since the show is still in production but by this summer/fall there will be a DVD box set available at retail stores and I'll also have them available online.

Currently, the show is not aired in the U.S. but we'll see what happens.

It has been (and continues to be) a blast making these shows but it is also tough. Since we started filming, I've spent 345 nights away from home (over 200 just in 2007 alone) and I'm up to 86 airline flights, and counting.

"remember to put you seatbacks and tray tables in the upright and locked position"
...and do they really need to show people how to operate a seatbelt every time?

George:

Just from looking at your episode titles, I'll bet you've worked with or purchased additional shots from Jim Edds. I like working with him, as he's another professional videographer, that has films some of the same stuff you deal with.

I can't remember if I've seen a few of your Angry Planet shows or not (I've seen so many weather related productions), but I'll be sure to catch them when they are on.

Good Luck and hope the ratings exceed your expectations.

Back