A StormWiki update - and your invitation to join the fun

Which best describes your relationship with StormWiki?

• Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It has been a while thought I'd update everyone on the progress of StormWiki*. There are now 63 registered users/editors and 2 of those are administrators. We've had nearly 65,000 page views and over 1000 page edits. I think it is safe to say that virtually all of them are StormTrack community members.

We are accumulating a nice little "pile" of collective storm/storm-chaser knowledge that is (hopefully) well interlinked, making it easy for anyone to grow their brain on the subject at a rapid rate.

Anyone can create their own account, and once you do you can create or edit any page except the main/front page (contact an administrator if you have suggestions for main page edits). The beauty of a wiki is that you don't have to make a perfect post. You (or anyone else) can come back later and reword things, add links or images, etc. The wiki is always a work-in-progress and always getting better.

I thought that now might be a good time to encourage others to become members and to encourage current members to add some content. We are all getting "itchy" with Spring approaching, and building the StormWiki is a great way to expend some of that energy while assisting others to grow in their knowledge of severe weather meteorology, forecasting, and chasing.

Feel free to use this thread to post any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding StormWiki. I'm sure that either any StormWiki member will be happy to respond.

*StormWiki is designed, not to compete with StormTrack, but to compliment it. Links from StormWiki to Stormtrack forum threads is a great way to create a virtual Frequently Asked Questions system. A wiki is a website that anyone can edit - using just your web browser.

Darren Addy
Kearney, NE

Back