8/1/2004 NOW: NORTHERN PLAINS/MIDWEST

Storms getting longer

I checked the NWS radar out of Aberdeen SD and I noticed the storm cluster between Pierre and Mobridge SD has gone from a circular to a linear appearance. This is probably due to significant shearing as the storm system moves SE. NWS has already posted a TORN watch for SD for this storm system. There is also a SWW set up for ND as well.

OUCH!! that is all I can say for the monster bust I exerienced today. When all is said and done I will have driven over 1500 miles in 24 or so hours (straight) to see nothing!! And when I say nothing I mean nothing, not a tower or rain shower or distant lightning...nothing!! Darn cap held on strong today and did not let go, I was really expecting it to break. Oh well can't win if ya dont play right?? I will snag a tornado in SD one day!

Oh I did get some pics of a great view over the MO river from Yankton, SD. What a view. Well back to the drive home hopefully I will get back in time for my 8am intersession class....LOL!!

Originally posted by Jason Montano

OUCH!! that is all I can say for the monster bust I exerienced today. When all is said and done I will have driven over 1500 miles in 24 or so hours (straight) to see nothing!!

I feel ya!! My July 20th adventure broke my ass off of long hauls/weak forecasts.

SD Storms - Huron

90 mph Winds went through Huron tonight, taking down trees, flagpoles, etc.

Just a note!

Bust for me yesterday...

This morning though - Severe Thunderstorm warning for Brookings County with a nader watch in most of west MN through 10 am.

And I sit here at work...grrr.

Back