6/18/04 NOW: Colorado

Hehehe.. severe storm warning on it now.. guess I'll go play in the rain.. nice lightning starting to pop up west.. moving fast, so my guess, a quick blast of rain, maybe some hail, but nothing too bad.. its cold! In the 40s; if I see snow, I am moving to Arizona! :lol: :lol:

Not going to make a REPORTS thread for this, but that SEVERE STORM actually made severe criteria, dumping penny-sized hail across the south side of Denver. I had a close call when a sudden temperature drop combined with hail-covered highways caused my windows to fog up and lose visibility. The hail made it impossible to see where the road ended and the median began and I ended up slipping into the median. Fortunately I didn't panic and got myself right back up on the highway without any problems.

Hail did cause a couple accidents; a fender-bender and a spin-out on C-470 right at Santa Fe. Hail came down for about 10 minutes as the storm raced east/northeast at 35mph. It died as it reached eastern sides of town. Made for a fun hour, though! :)

Also, its kind of cool to SPC's Report Post and see your report published..

0535 .75 HIGHLANDS RANCH DOUGLAS CO 3955 10497 HAIL COVERS ROADWAY ON C470 SANTE FE TO KIPPLING (BOU)

K-I-P-L-I-N-G; not KIPPLING.. too many P's.. but that reminds me.. :lol:

Goodnight!

Back