6/1/06 NOW: MO / IL / IN / MI

Peter Creedon

Doppler radar is showing some cells popping up in Lincoln,Warren,Franklin,Gasconade, and Phelps Counties.
Could get interesting this afternoon. Feeling better today, and could possibly do a chase.

MI = Michigan, there's no way severe weather will be here (I doubt even a rumble of thunder will be heard.) I'd say IL and MO would be out of the action too... I'd go south or east (southern IN / southern OH / KY) as opposed to north or west.

Very long line developing. It's thin and looks like outflow.

If you're talking about the severe weather in IN/KY, that is not really a thin line - that is the system of concern.

If you're talking about the thundershowers developing from StL southwest into AR, that is a weak area of low pressure and associated cold front.

Neither are outflow-related.

Line of storms just went TOR warned right after it crossed the river in STL. Took a look outside and saw pretty ratty looking stuf - no wall cloud I could see, etc..

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN ST LOUIS HAS ISSUED A

* TORNADO WARNING FOR...
SOUTHERN MADISON COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS
NORTHERN ST. CLAIR COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST ILLINOIS

* UNTIL 345 PM CDT

* AT 251 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WITH STRONG ROTATION OVER CASEYVILLE...MOVING
EAST AT 10 MPH.

I was certainly surprised when I saw this on my computer screen an hour or so ago. Funnel clouds were reported over Fairview Heights and near the St. Clair-Clinton Co. line. The storm, which had been linear, seems to have briefly evolved into something more like an HP supercell structure when a storm merged into it from the northwest.

Back