6/05/05 TALK: Great Lakes and Adjacent States

Northern LP MI is looking better than the south but the area gets more and more trees as you head north.

Basic plan for us is to head North out of OH until the chase terrain gets too forested. Hoping that some flat farmland and fields extends into MI.

Anyone else chasing this ?

Good luck to all. May be forced by circumstance to chase the squall line.

Heading for North IN on I90 for data. Should be there around 1 PM.

--
tjh

DO NOT go as far north as oscoda/gaylord/cadillac areas. There is the Huron national Forest in that area and roads are pretty sparse, also the forest doesn't help.

I plan on sitting right here in the thumb of michigan and wait for things to go, then drop SW and south hopefully. That way, i will be able to watch the data/sat/radars before making any moves, plus i think i'm in a good spot right now, since most of the area to me west and SW contains farmland and is flat.

LOL, I finally leave MI again, and look what happens... I really like the setup. May I add that the Midland/Bay counties area has brought me luck on numerous occasions, and it has absolutely excellent visability. Infact, that's where I'd target today if I was in MI... Midland, MI...

Originally posted by nickgrillo
LOL, I finally leave MI again, and look what happens... I really like the setup. May I add that the Midland/Bay counties area has brought me luck on numerous occasions, and it has absolutely excellent visability. Infact, that's where I'd target today if I was in MI... Midland, MI...

Yeah, I'd agree with that... It's pretty much the corn belt of MI.

I'm here in Hastings, and watching stuff blow everywhere in my home state, lol...

I'm listening to live scanner feed, and there is a tornado being reported in Mount Morris, in Genesse County. There is NO warning for the county, not even a SVR...

One thing is for sure...those storms are packing some insane winds. I just got back from a chase (see reports thread) and there is wind damage everywhere. Roadside signs are bent flat over, large trees snapped, many power outages and some structural damage in eastern Illinois, western Indiana.

Back