5/30/06 REPORTS: KS / OK / TX

Feb 3, 2005
Wichita, KS
Chris Bethurum and I left Wichita about 1pm, headed for Arnett, OK. Storms were arelready starting to fire to our west, so after a bit of nowcastiing help (thanks Ryan Martin and Eric Lynn) we chose to go west on US 160 through Wellington, Harper, and toward Medicine Lodge (anyone remember THAT area from two years ago?)

Sat about a mile west of Sharon for nearly an hour, and watched a storm creep toward us, then lay down the funnel below:


Finally, after over 3,000 miles this season and the first funnel of the year is 60 miles from home!


Here's the URL to the larger image...


(Edit 10:09pm CDT 5-30-06 to add smaller photo)
Highlights: southward-propagating supercell, half-dollar sized hail (possibly larger), 69mph measured winds.

Gabe Garfield, Jana Houser, and I chased the southward-moving intermittent supercell that roamed the far part of western OK today. We were originally targeting Guymon, but that changed after looking at sat, radar, and surface obs. Unfortunately, the OK mesonet obs indicated a dry pocket of air in northwestern OK, with numerous stations reporting low- to mid-50 dewpoints! Oy! At the time, the winds in the eastern TX panhandle were veered, though expected to back with time... With the dry pocket where it was, a backing wind would have pulled that dry air west-northwestward, right into our original target area. Given this, we changed our target southward, not aiming for the Canadian-Perryton area.

We filled up in Arnett (so 5/30 NOW thread), and decided to head to the 'tail-end charlie' that was persisting to our south-southwest. I thought the best environment was going to set up farther in the OK/TX panhandles, Tds were really suffering there (Canadian TX in the 40s? ugh). So, we opted to head southward to get a view of the updraft. Much to our pleasure, there was moderate cloud-base rotation when we go into view of the updraft base! A persistent rain-foot was indicating that colder outflow was trying to undercut the updraft base... Typically, this quickly kills the updraft. This storm, however, was very much propagating to the right, moving due south and SSW at times, which maintained the inflow of warm, unstable air from the south. We ran into a chaser from FL while taking some pics of this storm as we were about 5 mi NNW of Roll.

Over the next several hours, the storm showed occassional supercell structures (nice clean base, persistent cloud-base rotation, RFD clear slots, and so forth. As noted by the "occassional", the cell seemed to fluctuate between outflow-dominated crapvection and strong-inflow supercell. We were thinking about ditching this storm by late afternoon, in hopes that something discrete would come of the cells in the TX panhandle. As we were heading west on 47 south of Reydon, we got a new radar image, which showed the cell reintensifying... Hmm. Unfortunately, the higher reflectivity (65-70dbz) was situation immediately north of Hwy 47 at that time (between Reydon and Cheyenne)... Given the questionable road network, we opted to bite the bullet and cut across the southern part of the core. And hey, I hadn't really been in much year this year so far, so we figured it'd be fine to sample it. We experienced extremely heavy rain and hail, most of which was quarter in size, but some of which was more towards half-dollar or maybe ping-pong ball sized. In hindsight, I would have liked to have stopped to open a window and confirm that better, but the sound of hail hitting the car was so extremely loud that I just kept driving eastward. I'm sure there was hail larger than the half-dollar that was estimated, as numerous dents on my hood and roof would suggest. However, without measuring, I'm not confident in indicating any size greater than half-dollar. Regardless, we finally emerged from the core on Hwy 47 between Reydon and Cheyenne, after which time we dropped south on N1790Rd (towards Dempsey). New convection was developing south of this storm, and the collision resulting in an outflow-dominant looking storm. We kept with this storm until near Sayre, when we were thinking about calling it off.

Fortunately, we opted to head westward to watch it just a bit longer... The higher dewpoints mixed out through the day in the far western part of the state, leaving only 57-60F tds along the path of the storm. We were hoping, however, that the >63F Tds would get advected northwestward later on, thus we decided to stick with it a bit longer. We got some picks of the storm as we sat on the east side of Erick... Given SHAVE 2006, we decided it'd be 'fun' to head into the city of Erick and hide under a gas station canopy to sample whatever hail came our way (the sky was quite green to the north and northwest). On the way into the city, however, we were buffeted by very strong winds. We dropped south on N1750Rd, and measured 50-61mph winds about 5mi S of Erick. There was a ton of dust kicking up just to our south, so we opted to change chase mode from hoping for tornadoes to chasing some wind! We finally got back ahead of the outflow, and set up shop to measure what we could (using my handheld anemometer). And hey, standing outside in high winds is fun, assuming there isn't debris around and the winds stay <90mph. Gabe measured a gust to around 60mph right before we were about to get back into the car and drop south again. However, we were blasted with very strong winds again at this time, and I measured persistent winds in the 50-60mph range, with a max gust to 69mph. We dropped south again in hopes of getting ahead of the outflow to give us another chance of measuring the winds. Cell service was essentially absent by now (12+ mi SSE of Erick)... I was able to call Kiel Ortega back and ask him to relay the 69mph wind report to OUN (thanks Kiel!). Through the next hour or so, we tried to position back ahead of the leading edge of the outflow, but poor (and pure dirt) roads made this a little difficult. We called it quits pretty much near N1400Rd and N1840Rd to the southeast of the Sandy Sanders Wildlife Management Area (SSE of Erick). There was a huge lightning flash to our northwest at this time, followed by a huge plume of smoke and an orange glow. We headed back northwest to get a view of this... It appeared as though lightning ignited a small grove a trees, which then led to a grassfire. Unfortunately, the grassfire was no more than 100yds west of a house (we're near Plainview now -- east of the Sany Sanders). There were several vehicles there (looked like neighbors) and the heavy rain was quickly approaching from the northwest (thankfully), so we didn't stop.

Overall, today was quite a mix. I was very disappointed that surface dewpoints were again marginal, especially for the end of May! Cmon, is it really that hard to get >63F tds this time of year? Grrr. However, I loved the southward-propagating supercell, even though it had times when it was more of an outflow-dominant storm. I think the coolest part of the day, however, was the outflow winds south-southwest of Erick. Back in 2000, a friend and I measured a 74mph wind gust in northwestern IA... After that, however, this was the highest wind I have recorded with my anemometer. There was essentially nothing in the way of structures around, so I wasn't worried of significant structural damage... Most of the outflow (esp. in the strongest winds) was quite dry (not entirely surprising given the 30-35F dewpoint depressions), which made measuring much easier (since I couldn't find my rain jacket...). The strongest winds appeared, actually, to be just east of us when we measured our peak 69mph wind gust, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were areas of embedded 75-80mph winds, though I didn't measure any so that's entirely by observation.

Thanks to Gabe and Jana for chasing with me, and some collaboration with Dan/Robin/Howie. Thanks to Kiel for forwarding the high wind report to OUN as well!
May 30th Report. - 605 chase miles today.

Started the day in Wichita, Kansas (not bad considering we were just 31 miles off the Canada border yesterday). Today’s target was the stalled frontal boundary across Kansas and the Texas panhandle.

We pushed west to liberal and picked up the first cell just North of there – this cell went severe but was cut off and died not long after.

We then targeted an isolated tail end Charlie cell near to Arnett, OK. This cell went severe and soon become a supercell (my first true supp since May 13th!!) It soon dropped a wall cloud and then a 30 second needle funnel. A new cell formed to the south and soon began to merge with the supercell –after some positioning we were able to set up right beside a new meso updraft that soon again produced a low wall cloud with rapid rotation – it also had an awesome tail cloud form off the wall cloud. Twice the rotation in the wall cloud tried to focus into a tornado but it was not to be. We were actually only 300 – 500 meters away from the wall cloud.

The wall cloud occluded and the storm started to loose focus. So we blasted to Erick on I40 where we found two empty carwash bays were we parked up the van and allowed the full core of the supercell to pass over us. Deluge of rain and estimated 60 mph winds, enough to blow down some tree limbs. I shot some great video of this.

Finished up in Liberal, Kansas ready for an upslope Colorado target tomorrow.

Sorry no pictures –I left my laptop bag with camera adapter in Oklahoma.
After waffling back and forth between our target region in the western OK PH and the closer Roger Mills County storm to our south we finally chose the later...thanks in part to the Tin Man south of Laverne
A nice slow chase with plenty of base structure and CG's for nearly two hours.

Summary and photos here:



I chased with Jason Foster, Scott Currens, and Scott’s brother Mike Currens. We headed for Lamar, Colorado because we didn’t imagine instability recovery behind the front as shown on the 12z RUC was either likely or possible (it was) and because we believed the post-frontal environment on the Front Range offered the best chance for supercells. Best midlevel support seemed confined to southeast CO and smaller portions of ne NM and the OK panhandle. We liked the moisture advecting into the Lamar and La Junta areas and stopped in LAA to see whether the Raton or Palmer Divide areas would produce. We picked the southern storm and headed for Springfield in extreme southeastern Colorado when the storm was still 20 miles east of Raton and sliding along the NM/CO border.

From Campo we headed west and then south where we paused on County Road 21 just north of the CO/OK border and watched a mesocyclone just north of Kenton about 2320z. The storm attempted a split but the southern updraft became dominant quickly and the cores re-merged to create a larger, more powerful cell. Our meso produced a fair wall cloud and a funnel that extended quite far to the ground. This was very difficult to see with the rain behind it and by the time it emerged from in front of the core, was no longer suspicious. At this time, the storm was not yet outflow dominated and the meso sustained itself for nearly ten minutes. The storm would never have that long again during the time we observed it. Cool outflow became the order of the day soon after the occlusion of this meso. Here are a few grabs depicting the funnel, contrast obviously enhanced:


about 2320z 8 miles northeast of Kenton, Oklahoma in extreme northeast Cimarron County viewed from southwest of Campo, Colorado


Anyone who knows the path from Kenton to Castaneda in extreme northern Cimarron County, Oklahoma knows how much fun the winding, cow-strewn road can be as it dips and straddles rivers and ridges. Now imagine that road with a core bearing down and finally catching you with sixty mile per hour gusts and twenty straight minutes of horizontal pea to marble sized hail. Yeah, it was pretty fun. We made it out and turned south on 287 for Boise City. The storm showed a few more interesting lowerings but each was quickly undercut, so we turned south to catch a new, smaller storm northeast of Felt. This one produced a long, laminar inflow tail and sculpted striations into and around the main storm tower. Lots of detail on the underside of the shelf with perfect glancing twilight for articulation.

It appeared as though lightning ignited a small grove a trees, which then led to a grassfire. Unfortunately, the grassfire was no more than 100yds west of a house (we're near Plainview now -- east of the Sany Sanders). There were several vehicles there (looked like neighbors) and the heavy rain was quickly approaching from the northwest (thankfully)[/b]

In fact, that fire wasn't only a grassfire. There were a couple of (eventually burnt) outer structures, one which abutted the house. The lightning took out the family's phone and they were unable to call 9-1-1. Several chasers came running to the house to help. My cell phone coverage was inadequate and I had to issue my first and only mayday on a Ham network. I don't remember the call sign of the individual who patched me through to 911, but that made the difference. The outflow and the uncanny luck of a nearby truck that was transporting water (not a fire truck, a regular tanker) allowed enough water to get the fire largely doused.

Otherwise, I have little to add to Jeff's great summary. Just about everyone was out, and I got to say hi to Tim Marshall for the first time in about 5 years when I ran into he and Stu's tour group near 283. Bill Hark and I had a fabulous chase over terrific terrain. Photos to follow (including of the fire and CGs that ignited it :)).
Jay, Rob, Mitch, Jon, and I left Dodge City around 1:30pm and headed west to Lamar, CO. We were undecided as to whether to play the Palmer Divide or the Raton Mesa as both looked pretty good for a supercell thunderstorm. When we approached Lamar, a check of the latest data revealed that the Raton Mesa area to our south had higher CAPE air (more instability). Both areas had about the same shear. At Lamar, we headed south towards Springfield, CO as storms were beginning to form south of Kim, Colorado on the mesas along the NM-CO state line.

We decided to intercept this storm west of Campo. We headed west about 15 miles and approached the updraft of this storm to out west-southwest. There, we met up with Al Pietrycha and Dave Floyd from Goodland. Dave had some bad luck blowing not one, but two tires on this road we were on. After helping Dave out getting back on the road, we backtracked to the east towards Campo. Along the drive back to Campo, our storm was becoming better organized, with a decent wall cloud to our southwest.


It didn’t take long for this storm to become outflow dominant. Soon, more storms were forming to our immediate southeast through southwest. With timely radar updates on the road, we decided to core punch this mess to get on the south side. We finally made it to the other side just north of Boise City. Our storms were organizing into a linear system with a well-structured shelf cloud. We found a spot to photograph the shelf cloud about 3 miles south of Keyes at the intersection of Hwy 171 and 64. We then continued south to intercept the tail-end storm of this line which revealed some supercellular characteristics, but the storm fought a losing battle with cool outflow from the storms to the immediate north. We ended the chase near Dalhart and headed to Clayton for the night. All in all, another pretty good storm photography day, so I’m happy.


I was on the southern Colorado storm. After heading into the Oklahoma panhandle, I could see everything blew up into a line and was hours ahead of me, so I checked the radar and saw the cell in Colorado. Headed for Campo and awaited it's arrival. By the time it got to viewing distance, it had a distinct rainfree southern base that exhibited some lowerings and a bit of rotation. At that point there was all kinds of initiation to the southeast along with the core of the main storm about 5 minutes out, so I hauled bacon to the Oklahoma/Colorado border. Looking directly north into the updraft, it wasn't lowered at all but it did have significant rotation. As storms were continuing to fire to the southeast, the inflow winds were amazingly strong and all kinds of low hanging, rotating scud was forming into the new storms. All in all, what a blast! I can't believe how many people where chasing this storm. The doppler on wheels was there along with several other research crews. Too many other chasers to count.
Similar to Jeff's report - same storm, similar chase track, but our initial target was Shamrock (we thought we might visit Mobeetie if things busted.) We did observe one insipient funnel for several minutes south of Reydon. This was not, however, in the storm's central circulation, but rather along its southwest flank as new convection was being drawn into the main storm. I'll add video as soon as I am able.



Also lots and lots of large dust devils on the way south through the panhandles. Hopefully video of these as well.
Howie Bluestein, Dan Dawson, and I initially targeted the Oklahoma panhandle; but stopped after reaching Woodward and seeing the to-be Roger Mills storm developing to the southwest. We dropped south on Hwy. 283, skirting around the eastern edge of the precip core just north of Cheyenne, OK. New convection kept developing on the southwest flank of the Roger Mills storm, causing the storm to propagate very slowly south. The low-level shear was simply not strong enough to wrap up the repeated, tantalizing, wanna-be wall clouds that kept forming on the southwest edge of the storm. We stopped at a "scenic overlook" point about four miles south of Cheyenne, where I got this shot of the storm looking about as good as it did all afternoon:

We tried to salvage the day by dropping even farther south - all the way to Altus, as it turned out - to get some shots of the updraft/anvil complex at sunset. Unfortunately, Ma Nature didn't even feel like affording us that little consolation prize - too many low-level clouds got in the way. After some fly-ridden fare at the Western Sizzlin in Altus, we rolled into Norman around midnight. Altus was one of the last places I thought we would call the chase off!

A bust, yes, but it was fun to get down on the road again after a 3-week dry spell. Thanks to Jeff Snyder & Gabe Garfield for sharing info and guidance.
Walt and I initially targetted Perryton,TX but passed by the developing storm S of Arnett, OK on the way. Stopped to observe it for awhile since nothing substantial was developing further N and W and ended up following the storm on what was a rather leisurely chase eventually breaking off S of Sayre. Other posts have given good descriptions of the chase so I will not repeat. Here follow a number of digital pix.

Initial stages of storm. 5 S of Arnett on Hwy 283

N edge of Cheyenne. At this point the storm had a fairly decent RFD slot. This feature was apparently reported as a funnel cloud near Reydon, but I have my doubts...

Another of the funnelcloud-like features on this storm--actually just rising scud as one of the small wall-clouds developed. 8 S of Cheyenne on HWY 283


Gene Thieszen
WXtreme Chase Team
Been a bit of a spell since my last post to ST. ... This season as with perhaps you as well has not been to noteworthy...but still you gotta be thankful to at least get out and enjoy what weather is given to you.

A few moments of excitement in what was otherwise a ho hum chase... I left the house here in Piedmont just after 1400cdt
and my target was the Canadian TX., to Arnett, OK. region. I had left way too late to think about E Cntrl CO. where the flow was better. But the cape, moisture convergence accompanying a tongue of higher dewpoints that edged back toward Perryton to Canadian grabbed my attention for what would be a presentation of multicelluar to perhaps briefly supercelluar storms before they became outflow dominant.

By 1600cdt, I noticed the cell out in Ellis and Roger Mills Co. OK. had some hard convection on the south side with a nice crisp backsheared anvil. Other's that I had talked to were giving up on the storm due to such anemic flow (now down to 15 knots @500mb). However..... the cell by 1620cdt was exhibiting some healthy shear...at one time 94kts according to Charles Edwards on his Threat net. I proceeded west toward Strong City from Seiling.. Had a good view of the base which at several times had a nice lowering, sometimes rather signifigant...but it seemed high based from where I was watching it some 20mi. away. At one time, after I past Strong City, the storm had a very pronounced clear slot and lowering, but you could tell that the outflow was quickly taking over. After briefly hanging out with Cloud 9 tours watching the metamorphisis of what was a pretty decent supercell turning into an OFD piece of scud, I opted to head west toward Wheeler and Mobeetie TX.... stopping in Sweetwater, OK as the now southward moving storm overtook me.

At around 1730cdt (est. time) winds cranked up to 40-50mph, and the rain moved in... then a downburst took placed and the winds may have peaked toward 70mph but was mainly between 45-60mph for about 10 minutes along with rainfall amounts of 4-6"/hr. Visibility was at one time down to about 100yds. Then... the hail came, a profuse amount of mostly marble to quarter size hail with a few half dollar's thrown in...toward the end of the event, Sweetwater was being overtaken by at least 1 to almost three feet of water rampaging thru downtown.

Onward afterwards thru Wheeler to Mobeetie where I was greeted by a very menacing shelf cloud, the 7pm ob. at Pampa had a wind gust to 64mph, I was not excited about greeting this on the open prairie, having possibly already pitted up my wife's truck from the Sweetwater storm... so I went south toward Shamrock where I had dinner and watched a as a profuse amount of rain with occasional cg's came down, then on to Amarillo where I spent the night to get ready to chase northeastern NM. the next day.....

Which I never did... as my frantic wife called late in the night and said we had a water pipe burst at the house which rendered our bedroom and hallway a soggy mess... Yet another monkey wrench thrown in to whats been a dismal season for me thus far. I'm hoping to chase some once the pattern returns the week of June 12th... but this unforseen event with our water pipe may have nixed that.

Thanks to Dave Ewoldt and Charles Edwards for helping out in my guidance.
The storm in Western Oklahoma had some nice lightning, this was one of many we were able to capture.

My target was provisionally Dalhart, but low Td's were keeping everything high-based in that area after initiation. Also, other parameters seemed to preclude discrete storms, so I drove under the convection to Pampa, where the arc of storms were at least being fed some light backing winds. Then I went to S of Panhandle, because there was some rotation evident there, where the I ran into David Hoadley, and we nearly got a tube:

David and I decided to get a bit closer, and I drove right up to the base while he hung back just a bit. I jumped out of the truck only to be rudely greeted by some damn cold outflow. Here I was on an already-moist dirt road, so I quickly snapped this, then went back to talk to David again:

(click for larger versions)

We safely got the heck out of there before getting caught in mud and the collapsing storm. Nice to run into David for the first time since Denver 2003.

We targetted the region in SE Colorado and extreme western Oklahoma Panhandle. But we got side tracked by developing storms that were I thought would moveg into some moisture that mixed out in the central Texas Panhandle. The outflow boundary produced strong gusts and also spun up a probable landspout near Spearman. Finally having enough, we raced towards the Oklahoma supercell with an eye on any interaction of the outflow boundary on the cells near Pampa.

We finally made it through east of Wheeler and south with and ahead of the Roberts County cell. We decided in the end to play this cell and what a barrage of lightning it let go south of Sayre. This coincided with a reorganisation of the meso or a new meso. I don't believe the outflow was always interferring with the updraft given the alignment of the cell and its motion. The late evening lightning was near Mangum as indicated by Hank above. Incredible! (Hank, we were in the process of putting the tripods in the car when that bolt you took hit behind us).

Some pictures:











Jimmy Deguara
I expected May 30th to be the most promising chase day during my vacation. There was a front across Nebraska and Kansas down to Clayton, New Mexico and a dryline from Boise City, Oklahoma down to Amarillo and Midland, Texas. There was decent flow aloft and backed (southeasterly) winds at the surface. We were also watching an outflow boundary across western Oklahoma. I was chasing with Jason Persoff. Our starting point was Salina, Kansas and our target area was the Guymon, OK to Perryton, TX area at the triple point.

We headed southwest through Great Bend and Dodge City, Kansas then south to Beaver in the Oklahoma Panhandle. There was a line of storms to our east and south firing along an outflow boundary. We expected more storms to fire in our region south into the northern part of the Texas Panhandle. Amazingly, we were able to find Wi-Fi in Beaver. We waited and watched the sky along with checking weather data. We also talked with Charles Edwards of Cloud 9 Tours who was a few miles to the south. I was concerned that the best developing towering cumulus was to our south. Storms soon developed in the Dumas to Pampa area but they were disorganized. We also watched a storm at the southerly end of a line of storms in western Oklahoma become more isolated. This storm was near Gage, Oklahoma and it was drifting southward into an area of better moisture. When it became clear that the Gage storm was the main storm, we blasted south from Beaver, then south from Canadian, Texas on 83. Road options were limited to cross the Texas-Oklahoma border. We turned east on 2124 at 4:45PM which becomes 47 in Oklahoma. The storm was almost due East when we reached the town of Reydon. We dropped south on 30 due to a detour (washed out bridge), skirting the core, then we could see a briefly rotating wall cloud by 5:10PM. We turned east, then south following the storm. At 5:23PM, it formed another nice wall cloud. The storm would vary between appearing outflowish, then rotation would increase and inflow would start. The storm would lose organization and the cycle would repeat. No tornado. We passed hundreds of storm-starved chasers. Jason and I ran into Tim Marshall and Stu Robinson traveling with Silver Lining Tours. We crossed I-40 at 6:40PM and found a dirt road for viewing. The storm was now disorganized but was sending out multiple lightning bolts which provided a great opportunity for photography. We watched a herd of cows run as lightning struck nearby. Two cows stayed behind and butted heads as more lightning flashed in the background. Smoke rose from distant brushfires. We ended up near the Salt Fork Red River Valley and watched numerous CG’s (cloud to ground lighting) strike the surrounding hills. A brush and structure fire was started and Jason called in an emergency report via HAM radio. After dark, we drove through driving rain to reach the Big Texan in Amarillo, Texas.

No tornadoes but a fun and successful storm chase. The supercell tried on multiple occasions but could not quite produce a tornado. I suspect the upper level winds were not strong enough.


Wall cloud

Wall cloud tightening with increased rotation

I'm watching the storm

Another wall cloud forms

Jason and I viewing the storm

Cows and storm

Close-up of cows

Cows and lightning

Cows rutting with lightning

Lightning in loop with rutting cows and distant fire

Close lightning strike

Brush fire



Bill Hark
Game plan for the day was to play off the outflow boundaries from Monday evening's storm in Woods County, so preliminary target was Woodward, OK, with a backup plan to go west to Beaver, OK if things didn't look good in Woodward. Needless to say, I didn't have to use plan B.
I left Norman at 11:00, going solo, with partner Jo Radel acting as nowcaster. I headed west on I-40, then north on Hwy 183 out of Clinton. When I got to about the Putnam area, I could see the tower that would become the Roger Mills storm going up to the west. I called Jo to let her know what I was seeing, and headed on north to the Hwy 183/60 intersection which was the next west option. The storm was quickly growing and the first severe warning came out for Roger Mills/Ellis counties. I headed west towards Vici (to get a quck fill up on gas AND to get on Hwy 34 as my south option). Just as I got to the gas station in Vici (and turned off the camera), a huge CG hit less than a block from where I was, just as the rain and hail moved in.
I then moved south on Hwy 34, and ran parallel with the storms all afternoon, watching many attempts to produce funnels. At one point, when I was somewhere near Camargo, one lowering off to my sothwest was VERY suspicious. I was too far away to know for sure if it was on the ground, but I was definitely pleased with how the day was going at this point. A little further south near Hammon, I had pulled off the road to watch another suspicious area, and briefly talked with one of the locals, who was also out enjoying the weather.
I headed on south to Elk City, then west on I-40 to Sayre, where I watched tail end Charley put forth the best effort of the day. Finally, there was some weak inflow, and a wall cloud struggled with some brief rotation and attempted a couple of lowerings. I sat back for a bit and simply enjoyed the lightning show before heading back to Norman.
It's amazing how one afternoon with bring an entire season out of the basement. BIG thanks to Jo for nowcasting for me and BIG thanks to Mom Nature for the delightful afternoon!!!