5/19/05 TALK: Midwest

Figured since warnings are ongoing, a TALK thread should be started.

Two TOR warnings in Indiana. (Morgan and Putnam counites) "AT 204 PM EST...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR CONTINUED TO
INDICATE A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WITH STRONG ROTATION."

Also a TOR warned storm in Ohio. (Scioto county) "AT 303 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR
INDICATED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO."

Waiting on a cell to get more organized in MO before I head out this afternoon. Good luck to those out today!
Nick

EDIT: Two more TOR warnings. This time in Wisconsin. (Green and Rock counties) "AT 221 PM CDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A
SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING A TORNADO NEAR ALBANY"

Just got back from some mobile spotting. Pea sized hail in Plainfield, IL, but saw the ground littered in nickle sized hail a couple miles down the road. I also made the LSR:

2135 UNK PLAINFIELD WILL IL 4162 8820 1 FOOT DIAMETER TREE DOWNED NEAR ROUTE 30 AND 59 (LOT)

Encountered quite a bit of pea size hail around Yorkville on the way back to my shop, but that was it. Best cell appeared to be in Iroquois Co. with golfball - baseball size hail. WW 290 cancelled for most of area now.

That was a nice cell when it was between Yorkville and Plainfield. How bad was the traffic out there Terry? I was in a traffic jam for about 15 minutes before I could even get out of Bolingbrook. Finally got to Plainfield just as the storm was moving through, however, it knocked the power which caused more backups and the traffic lights. What a nightmare, but at least I didn't have to venture to far and got to help out on the net.

Back