4/16/06 NOW: Midwest

First of all, I will say that it's only been the last couple years that I've been looking at velocity scans, but on this SR vel image from that Crawford cty IL/Sullivan cty IN storm, I see something I've never seen (or at least noticed) before! This has a "donut" appearance, complete with "hole" (or...eye) in the middle! Is this common?

[attachmentid=145]

I don't see any sort of hole looking at Level II data - might be an artifact of the software used to create the image.

That storm has really looked dangerous for a while, now, but, checking the mesoanalysis page, I gotta believe the show's about over.

LI=-2? CAPE=500? Noticed that the cyclone is also much weaker than 24 hours ago, too? Only about 998mb. With PW=~1.5 where that storm is, and little apparent reason to keep this up, I'm waiting for this thing to decide it's way too water loaded and come crashing back to earth.

That storm has really looked dangerous for a while, now, but, checking the mesoanalysis page, I gotta believe the show's about over.

LI=-2? CAPE=500? Noticed that the cyclone is also much weaker than 24 hours ago, too? Only about 998mb. With PW=~1.5 where that storm is, and little apparent reason to keep this up, I'm waiting for this thing to decide it's way too water loaded and come crashing back to earth.

Back