3/20/06-3/22/06 NOW: Severe Tropical Cyclone Larry

Larry is a monster cyclone (gusts >170mph :blink: ) getting ready to strike NE Queensland. The current time in this part of the world as of this post is 2:36AM Monday March 20. The following graphic will probably be updated soon:

larry.gif

The Bureau of Meteorology advisory doesn't beat around the bush (no pun intended!):

"Severe Tropical Cyclone Larry poses a VERY SERIOUS THREAT to life and property in the warning area.

The VERY DESTRUCTIVE CORE of SEVERE TROPICAL CYCLONE LARRY with extreme gusts up to 280 km/hr should cross the coast between INNISFAIL and MISSION BEACH between 7am and 9am MONDAY MORNING. DESTRUCTIVE winds are expected to commence along the coast between INGHAM and PORT DOUGLAS early MONDAY MORNING."

Check out the IR vantage:
IDE00005.200603191330.gif

dvor-nh26.GIF

If anyone can find a more zoomed in image please post it. I wonder how concentrated the population is here?

We have some stormtrack friends posted in Australia, no? I wonder if they are in the vicinity?

We have some stormtrack friends posted in Australia, no? I wonder if they are in the vicinity?
[/quote]

Goeff Mackley who chases with us on our tours looks to be on this cyclone (or heading toward it). You can catch up with his adventures at www.rambocam.com

He is based out of NZ.

Back