3/13/05 NOW: LA/MS/AL

CIN dramatically weakening over the region... SPC mesoanalysis shows >2000j/kg surface-based and mean-layer CAPEs across LA and into MS/AL. The main threat appears to be large hail and damaging winds... Although some weak low-level veering could yield a brief, weak tornado.

We'll see.

..Nick..

First initiation appears to have developed in an area with relatively lower LFC heights. Believe we should still keep an eye on extreme E Texas and central LA - sig. tornado index reaches 1.0 if convection develops just south of the blue box.

Yes, I'm still keeping a close eye on west central LA. Fort Polk Radar shows line building towards the SW, into a more unstable airmass with lower LFC heights. Still looking for any chance of tornado to occur to the south and perhaps even west of the blue box.

Whoa... I really love the storm I'm seeing headed for the city of Tallulah right about now. Excellent rotation with it and a TOR has already been issued... the possible tornado is riding over US-80 right now. If you were on I-20 just west of Richmond then you'd be in perfect view of this storm! I wouldn't be suprised at all if there was a tornado on the ground right now.

Avoid the core if you're out there right now... baseball hail is likely inside it with VIL at 55 DBZ!

..Nick..

Whoa... I really love the storm I'm seeing headed for the city of Tallulah right about now. Excellent rotation with it and a TOR has already been issued... the possible tornado is riding over US-80 right now. If you were on I-20 just west of Richmond then you'd be in perfect view of this storm! I wouldn't be suprised at all if there was a tornado on the ground right now.

Avoid the core if you're out there right now... baseball hail is likely inside it with VIL at 55 DBZ!

..Nick..

Funnel cloud reported by trained spotters as the storm went over Vicksburg. This thing has reorganized and is becoming a long track supercell. Looking rather classic attm.

Back