3/04/06 - REPORT - NE

Fun early season chase today. I was not expecting much more than some marginal severe hailers. I did get into some pea size hail after dark and there were a couple severe hail reports in SC NE. The best part of this chase was the several hour light show I was treated to compliments of Ma Nature.

In the first shot you can see that the "chase" is on :)

Deer_4.jpg

March4_cg1.jpg

March4_cc1.jpg

March4_cc2.jpg

March4_cc3.jpg

March4_cc4.jpg

Dean Cosgrove
http://www.chasetours.com

Great shots!

That was a nice little storm that passed through lancaster county last night/early morning around 2:00 am. I was actually at work while it happened. Decent lightning show and some pea size hail.

Nebraska is off to a nice start. I've already got a feeling this year is going to be much better than last. Just a feeling though...

I went out and got some video of the pea-sized hail that fell in Lincoln last night. The lightning wasn't too awfully bad around 2:30 a.m. or so. I just found it kinda funny I was standing outside trying to get some lightning shots with winter gloves on. It was about 37 degrees F when the storm went through.

MODERATOR: I cleaned up some frivolous or entirely unrelated posts in this thread. This is not the place to comment on this REPORTS format. Please, let's keep this thread about it's intended topic.

The robins are back in southwest Nebraska and the storms soon follow. This first batch of storms provided some much needed rain, a little small hail, and lightning. It was sure nice to hear the thunder again. These pictures were shot near Bertrand, NE.

bertrand_1a.jpg

bertrand_2a.jpg

bertrand_3a.jpg

Wow, nice pictures, guys! I can, unfortunately, only stare at my screen in envy, and try to imagine the sound of thunder, as we are still up to our armpits in snow here (with a fresh dump just yesterday) :(

But hey, I've got some frequent flyer miles to use up, and while I was originally planning on waiting until May to head down to the Plains, I may not be able to wait that long!

Back