2020 Chase Partner Thread

I'm 18, and am going on my first real chasing trip right after I graduate from high school. I am looking to make some friends in the field, and maybe join some sort of convoy of other amateur chasers.

Folks from central Florida (Tampa, Orlando, Sarasota, etc.) I'm open for taking on a possible partner this year. My current line up have not solidly committed and like to see who else is out there. I'm specifically looking for shared ride chase partner. My preliminary dates are May 5 till as late as June 15th.

I'm 18, and am going on my first real chasing trip right after I graduate from high school. I am looking to make some friends in the field, and maybe join some sort of convoy of other amateur chasers.
You live inside my chase range. We are about 3 hours away, but we can definitely meet in the middle some time this summer.

I’m based in Ohio, but can often chase IN and IL. Would be open to picking up a driver, preferably someone who’s driven for 4+ years
I am open to whatever. I am mainly limited by my academic workload during the school year. So some days I just may not be able to go :'( But I am willing to drive up to 3 hours from Lafayette IN.

I plan to go a bit further than Illinois this year, I hope to actually go into tornado alley. Would you be interested in that?
I am pretty limited by my academic workload during the school year. I am not sure what I will be doing this summer yet. In any case, I will let you know if I plan to chase into IL at any point. Who knows. Doing a full chasecation is on my bucket list though.

im near Chicago hit me up then you planing to chase !

I'd love to go to the plains this year. I'm living in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Looking for a driver. Nothing planned. Prefer to meet first. Just putting out feelers.
im looking also to chase with somebody , since my chase partner not going this season. Im near Chicago ,probably we can plan if evrything works out .

im looking also to chase with somebody , since my chase partner not going this season. Im near Chicago ,probably we can plan if evrything works out .
I'm not going to the plains this year due to covid crap. My plains chase vacation will have to be next year. I need to be around in case my parents need me. I might go to Illinois or Indiana if there's a good risk day (moderate or enhanced with good supercell profiles). We could meet up for a short chase maybe. I have to play it by ear. Send me a message any time though.

i know, all this virus messed up everything . Anyway ,its plenty time for chase , so we can contact in future . STAY SAFE!

If anyone in Colorado, southern Wyoming, western Nebraska area is looking for a chase partner/convoy partner let me know!

I am in far south-central Michigan. Can reach the Indiana and Ohio borders within 20-30 minutes. I had aspirations of finally expanding my chasing grounds towards the plains/the south this year, but the viral issues essentially grounded that idea.

I prefer to be the driver while chasing and consider myself a very capable driver, though who doesn't lol. Locally(very rural county) and in my circle, I don't have any knowledgeable chase partners and usually chase alone or have a friend who I show how to keep the data I need available, so I can get glances of it as needed. I don't mind chasing alone, but the constant stopping and checking data is annoying, so being able to drive for somebody who knows what they are doing would be fantastic.

I'm mainly out there because of my deep love of meteorology, thunderstorms, supercells and tornadoes. I just got into my 30s recently, but I've been obsessed with this since my young childhood. I don't have any professional training, just all the studying and following over the last 20+ years. This is why I'd prefer to drive and leave the important work to someone who is probably more qualified than I am. That and I hate being in a vehicle that I am not driving.

So anyone in Michigan, Northern Indiana, Northwest Ohio or surrounding areas that doesn't have a partner and would prefer to have a capable driver as a partner, I'm in the free agent pool lol. Really laid back and easy to get along with, not arrogant or unwilling to take in guidance from people who are more knowledgeable and love to be in the presence of intelligent people who I can learn from. Even if you'd prefer to be the driver, I am willing to try out the passenger end. It's just always been the annoyance to me, as I chase solo almost every time and only want to keep driving. I'm not a daredevil, thrill seeker, I prioritize the safety of the crew and the public over all else and have no ulterior motives outside of wanting to witness and study the beauty of mother nature.

This feels like I'm posting a bio for an online dating site, lol! I joke around a lot, but I'm serious when appropriate. I don't know if this year will allow for any chasing outside of the typically stale Michigan region, due to the coronavirus, but I don't plan on ever dropping this passion of mine. So if and when we get any realistic chances of chasing, even if you want to do a localized chase to feel things out, I'm always open for a partner to make things easier and to share this great passion.

@Marshall Stoner thought I'd tag you since you're also in Michigan and looking for a driver. Grand Rapids is somewhat far from the MI/IN/OH border region, but your track heading out of the state would put us closer and we could always meet up somewhere west of me, near US-12, I-94, 131 or the state line. I actually attended school in Big Rapids and Kalamazoo, so I've lived several years of my life just north and south of GR.

So, my chase partner cannot chase the setup this week, and I really still want to go. I do not want to chase alone, due to not having data/not wanting to burn myself with that much driving. Is anybody willing to let me tag along with them? I can be in the OKC area by 12:30 pm Thursday, I plan on spending the night before in KC MO. I have mask and a box of gloves and wipes. Thanks.

Back