2011-06-20 REPORTS: IA/NE/KS/OK/TX

Apparently I forgot to post over here.

Chased with JR Hehnly this day, and stayed the previous night in York, NE. Didn't move far all day and eventually captured 2 amazing and incredible tornadoes within 15 miles of where we woke up. A career chase kind of day, and my second overall favorite chase day.

Watch video >

20110620_Bradshaw_Nebraska_Tornado.jpg

View my full chase recap at http://www.benholcomb.com/Chase-Accounts/20110620

This is long overdue... I've (finally) converted and made available tornado/storm chasing videos from years past and posted them on the Videos page on my website at www.springwx.com. There are several videos available for viewing...and I'm adding more as I find archived storm chase videos in my collection.

The video available for this date is titled York, NE Tornadoes:
On June 20, 2011, we chased in east-central Nebraska. We sat 15 miles north of York, NE watching the quarter-mile wide tornado approach us from the south. Unfortunately, for the 20 minutes we sat and watched the tornado, the videocamera was not recording. We captured only a few seconds of the first tornado, but did manage to capture several pictures of the tornado as it pushed toward us. These pictures can be seen on the Photos page at www.springwx.com. The first tornado dissipated on the road where we sat. A second (half-mile wide) tornado developed where the first one left off. We caught up with it...and taped it until it roped out. Fun chase!

Back