• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

2009-04-10 Murfreesboro, TN Tornado

Watch video >

A dream came true for me on this day as I got to see my first tornado. I filmed the tornado as it was moving northeastward passing north of the apartment complex I was living in at the time. Two people were killed and 58 more were injured. This was part of a two day outbreak which spawned about 85 tornadoes across parts of the Southern Plains and the Southeast region.

A detailed account from this day can be found on my website by clicking on the link below.

http://borochaser.net/chase-log-2/april-10-2009-murfreesboro-tennessee-tornado/

I missed out on that one. My fuel gauge stopped going below 1/4 tank and I didn't catch it and stranded myself just shy of Paducah, KY. Had that not happened, I probably would have been near Smyrna just as it was touching down.

Back