12/29/2006 DISC: TX

At 3:02 PM, Martin Lisius videoed a wedge tornado located about 7 to 8 miles southwest of Laguna Park, Texas, which is located at the south end of Lake Whitney. Martin estimates that the tornado tracked across a rural area east of Clifton, and was on the ground about 5 minutes. His video will be aired locally on KXAS, channel 5, later this evening - probably during the 10 PM news.

For late December, a fairly significant outbreak. I am suprised there is not more video of the actual tornadoes especially chase video. Hopefully, Martin will put op a clip on his website or the video will be shown nationally.
I thought the low lcl's was interesting, I think they were about 500 near some of the reported tornadoes. Unfortunately, I didn't save any data from the storm system.

Nice video of a wedge near Waco, TX (look at the video clips on the right side of the website
http://www.wfaa.com/

Images of the tornado near Crawford, TX
http://www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5871378

Bill Hark

PNS regarding the Limestone County tornadoes has been released by the Fort Worth Forecast Office. They have confirmed and assigned ratings to two tornadoes, one of which was the fatal Groesbeck event.

...PRELIMINARY STORM DAMAGE SURVEY OF THE TORNADOES IN LIMESTONE COUNTY ON DEC 29TH 2006...

EDIT: A second preliminary report has been issued by FWD detailing six additional tornadoes in Bosque, Hill, and Coryell counties. The Hill County survey was cut short by dwindling daylight and will be completed tomorrow, but "PRELIMINARY DATA SUGGESTS THIS WAS A STRONG TORNADO."

...PRELIMINARY DAMAGE SURVEY FINDINGS FROM CORYELL...BOSQUE...AND HILL COUNTIES...

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a video screen capture from Randy Hicks--the "Outlaw Chaser".

Needless to say, he got pretty close to the tornado north of Clifton.

Randy chases with no technology...just a weather radio. I'd say that's pretty decent (if one's aim is to get as close as possible) for wild storms in December.

Tim

texas%20december%20twister%20015.jpg

(C) Randy Hicks

Great pics and video from such a late year storm! With several chasers including Martin L. getting video I'm going to add this day to the list of potential bonus chapters for next years' Storms of 2007. :)

If anyone else has video or pics please PM me and keep those tapes safe!

Back