07/06/04 FCST: CO, NM, KS, OK, TX

This is a thread for the Day 2 25% Outlook over those states; anyone wanting info on the Midwest can ask me to start a new thread.. this one concerns the potential for severe weather over the High/Central Plains...

SPC has highlighed an oddly shaped area from near Sterling, Colorado southward along the KS/CO border into the NM and wrapping eastward through the TX Panhandle into Oklahoma..

In the southern part of the outlook area, looks like severe weather threats will ride on outflow/frontal boundries. In the Colorado Front Range, post-frontal upslope flow will ride moisture against the foothills and give fuel for storms up here.

If things catch me eye in the morning, perhaps I'll make a jog southeastward and see what happens.. with me starting to work a real job again, I actually go back to a work/time leash. Hehe.. ah well.. can't chase forever, I guess! 8)

Doesnt seem like alot of chasers are excited about today but I am. CAPE is going to be close to 4000 in the TX panhandle. Shear looks to be about 40kts. I have to work until 4pm but will be chasing soon as I get off. As of 11am the mesoanalysis shows LI was about -10 and cape of 3500 just north of LBB. a nice outflow boundary setting up near LBB also but I am hoping it creaps back north. I am betting on a plainview day (hoping more like it).

Originally posted by Jay McCoy
Doesnt seem like alot of chasers are excited about today but I am. CAPE is going to be close to 4000 in the TX panhandle. Shear looks to be about 40kts. I have to work until 4pm but will be chasing soon as I get off. As of 11am the mesoanalysis shows LI was about -10 and cape of 3500 just north of LBB. a nice outflow boundary setting up near LBB also but I am hoping it creaps back north. I am betting on a plainview day (hoping more like it).

Just looking at the current mesonet readings, vis sat image and radar... appears to me to be right around Plainview to south of Clovis, NM and not moving much if at all. Looks like your gonna have to come down this way tiger! Time to start preparing for today... I am pretty excited myself!

Originally posted by David Drummond
Just looking at the current mesonet readings, vis sat image and radar... appears to me to be right around Plainview to south of Clovis, NM and not moving much if at all. Looks like your gonna have to come down this way tiger! Time to start preparing for today... I am pretty excited myself!

I just hope we can make it before it drops considering we wont be on the road until about 4:15 so it will be almost 5:30 before we get into target area.

I cant believe this is July 6th and we are still chasing the southern plains with a chance of tornadoes (not popcorn storms). very wierd yr.

I just hope we can make it before it drops considering we wont be on the road until about 4:15 so it will be almost 5:30 before we get into target area.

I cant believe this is July 6th and we are still chasing the southern plains with a chance of tornadoes (not popcorn storms). very wierd yr.

Don't feel too bad, Graham is headed in trying to make it from Austin!! At least we are getting to chase the south plains, instead of KS/NE like we were in MAY instead of TX :shock:

Back