07/03/2006 REPORTS: CO

COMPLETE JULY 3, 2006 STORM CHASE REPORT CAN BE FOUND HERE!

Play it again, Sam! Day 2 of Denver's monsoon season played out again in just about the same areas. Today's event was more widespread than Sunday's, but not as intense where I was. Weekday traffic was light due to tomorrow's holiday, but still presented problems and limited my travel into areas where most of the bigger issues were occuring. Traffic on I-25 south out of Denver was at a crawl due to the flooding near Castle Rock. Also reports that the Denver Lightrail System was shut down due to flooding issues near Downtown. I stuck around the areas from near Lone Tree and north along Parker Road to I-225 in Aurora. Upwards of 3 inches of rain fell within the two hour period. Mos tof the flooding I observed was very minor, including some road ponding, flooded drainage areas, and a new development in which the main road was completely submerged.

060703f.jpg

060703b.jpg

060703i.jpg

060703j.jpg

Nothing special and didn't want to start a new thread for Missouri ... this is just a quick panorama I did of a layered shelf coming over the hill across the road from my mom's place yesterday. Lots of nice lightning and tons of rain last night.

web070306StormPanorama.jpg

Back