Will pay for GEMPAK files...

rdale

EF5
Well I'm reversing the typical marketplace forum :)

After working with AWIPS2 for a while now, I am nearly convinced it will never be as "light and portable" as GEMPAK. And for those who use GEMPAK, those are not terms thrown around lightly. I absolutely cannot see this running in a VMWare terminal on a Windows machine, so it'd need a dedicated Linux box, and it likes data. A lot of data. There is a Windows "version" of AWIPS2 that entirely relies on a remote server to connect to, but 1) you need to find that remote server will to host and 2) it's S L O W.

So I'm back to GEMPAK / NAWIPS (currently on v7.1 even though it was supposed to die around 6.something since AWIPS2 was to rule the world. Oops.) I've kept up with the data ingesting, even offering HRRR, but I have not kept up with the NMAP2 restore files to actually display that data. Here's a sample restore file:

GDPFUN sm5s(cape)!sm5s(cins)
TYPE c/f!c
CONTUR 2
CINT 500/500/!50/-150/-50
LINE 32/1/1!4/1/1
FINT 500;1500;2500;3500;4500;5500;6500
FLINE 0;10;11;12;13;16;17;18
TITLE 1/-1/~ CAPE (SFC) AND CINS

If this means absolutely nothing to you, carry on... If you recognize it or at least the fundamentals, I may have an offer for you! I'm looking to buy more. Updated parameter files with current model support. Nothing special. Just a bunch of text files. But the non-standard GEMPAK installation files, so EHI, simulated reflectivity, etc. I figure if I took a day or two off of work I could do this all myself. I'd rather pay for someone who has already done the work ;) Either a one-time deal or "royalties" based on a lifetime of future sales.

If interested, drop me a note at [email protected] http://skywatch.org/gempak.html

- Rob

Back