WeatherBox Version 1.0 Coming out Soon!

WeatherBox is now available!

Enjoy the first 30 days risk-free. Get two MONTHS free with an annual subscription.

You can cancel before the trial period ends without paying anything.

Subscribe here:

sites.fastspring.com/weatherbox/product/weatherboxsubscription

REQUIREMENTS:

1) Windows XP or later.
2) We recommend 4 GB of free RAM. 2 GB is sufficient if you keep loop length to a minimum. However, we do not currently provide support for users with < 4 GB.
3) You must have the latest version of Microsoft .net framework installed: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653
4) Please use this forum for feedback and support. If the proper thread one does not exist, send us a message (PM).
5) WeatherBox is for personal use only.
6) You can post screen captures of WeatherBox as long as the logo remains on the graphic, OR, with proper attribution in a text descriptor.
7) Contact us directly for commercial purposes.

How it works
1) After you subscribe, you will be sent an email with a key, and link to download the program.
2) The installer will download the program, and once installed, open WeatherBox and enter your key when prompted.
3) Your key will continue to work until you cancel. If you cancel before 30 days has passed, you will not be charged anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to make it clear, we have a VERY long list of features and products we will add to WeatherBox over the next few months. We plan on monthly updates so stay tuned!

I watched a few radars and it appears you're beating GR3 on average by about 1-2 seconds (max has been 3 seconds.) I like your concept overall. Best of luck with it!

It looks like you're off to a successful start and it's exciting to see a new product coming down the pike that caters to chasers. A couple of items to be mindful of as you develop for the future is the current trend in storm chasing where we are gradually trading in our laptops for tablets and phablets (big smart phones). I'm not aware of any chasers who have dual monitors in their vehicles, so that is a feature that for all intents and purposes could only be used at home. The 4 GB RAM requirements are not too stringent given the sweet spot for most current PCs is in the 16 GB range for memory, but this limits your market appeal to those who chase with a robust laptop and arm chair chasers at home with PCs. One last thing is the AH data subscription that was mentioned several times above. Maybe your stated goal of being the fastest to load data sets is your highest priority and that takes precedence over all else, but a lot of chasers pay for a data subscription through AH and probably wouldn't pay twice for the same thing. It would be nice to add the ability for those who already have a data subscription to be able to use it with your program. GRLX products, Radar Scope, and PYKL3 all have different data subscriptions integrated right into the product. Please don't think I'm trying to rain on your parade as that is not my intent. I just thought these things were important to mention since new feature additions are high on your priority list. I wish you the best of luck as you go forward.

Mark, thanks for your input. You are right, it is more of a tactical "workstation" program, but we hope to make it chaser friendly as well. It will also be an excellent learning/educational tool once we get Time Machine running.

Here's a link to AllisonHouse where they say, "You build it, we will come", on the topic of integration into your application. Just thought I'd mention it since we were talking about it earlier.

Thanks Mark, we will keep that in mind, definitely something to consider. We are going to do some more testing. If we are faster with things like 1 km vis imagery and radar (or at least not any slower), then it might be in our best interest to vend our own data, and at a lower price.

Warnings are also "streaming" now, instead of having to wait for parent image to update and thus time match. So even if a satellite image is 15 minutes old, the warnings will update over it. They remain time matched to older images as well.

Just wanted to let everyone know that our local radar data is now extremely fast (beginning with version 1.1.0.2).

I have tested many of the top radar apps, websites and PC clients. WeatherBox, along with WeatherTap, consistently beat everyone else (I have not tested every piece of software or paid subscription service, but most). Both update within 1 second of each other. The only difference is you must keep hitting refresh with WeatherTap while WeatherBox just displays it immediately when available.

If data timeliness is important to you, then WeatherBox may be the answer. Also, we hope to have a mobile version next Spring. This migration to a cross-platform WeatherBox will also mean a more responsive, smooth UI, (for example, zooming in and out without waiting).

On another note, we are hoping to get a "non credit card" free subscription available at some point. I know it's a pain to have to subscribe then cancel, but it's just the system we are using for now. The nice thing is, you get a reminder email before your trial expires, at which time you can easily cancel if you wish. So if you are like me, and are afraid of "forgetting" to cancel the trial, have no fear.

There are many more updates and enhancements down the road, so stick with us! Adding more data flows soon.

Back