WDT Weather Radio app alternative?

Jim Duyck

EF0
Howdy!

I'd used WDT's Weather Radio app for years and years because I really enjoyed both the polygon-based warning vs county-based, as well as its lightning alerting add-on. Well...finally after WDT was absorbed by DTN and the app not receiving a lot of love via updates, it appears they've finally pulled the plug on it. Bummer!

All that to say...does anyone know of an alternative iOS app that does polygon-based warning notifications?

Thank you!
-Jim

This one seems similar to the WDT Weather Radio app in terms of ability to set specific notifications that you want for specific zip codes. I assume it will also send the same notifications for whatever is your present location, but I haven‘t tested that yet.

I second Baron Critical Weather. It’s the primary app I use. It also has lightning alerts.

WeatherBug is another app that is similar.

You could buy a seat to Earth Networks Sferic Mobile or Sferic Connect and get lightning alerts plus polygon-based alerts, but might be more than you’d want to pay for.

AllisonHouse can do lightning alerts for $10/month.

Your city might offer CodeRED or something similar. Our TV station used to offer WeatherCall. Both are polygon based.

Back