Wanted – A radio ham outlet in OKC

Do any members know where I can source a 2 meter antenna and mag mount locally in OKC? I am coming from aboard and there is a limit as to what they will allow me to take on the aeroplane! ~ mag mounts look like a land mine apparently and an antenna could be used as a whip :eek:

Thanks in advance….

Do any members know where I can source a 2 meter antenna and mag mount locally in OKC? I am coming from aboard and there is a limit as to what they will allow me to take on the aeroplane! ~ mag mounts look like a land mine apparently and an antenna could be used as a whip :eek:

Thanks in advance….
[/b]

Visit K&E Electronics in OKC at NW 24th & Portland. It's kinda of a hard place to get in and out of...it's also pretty small. I recommend parking at the restuarant next door. I bought both my dual-band mobile antennas there, including one mag mount. I think I paid $30-$40. Can't quite remember because it was about 3 years ago. Other than extremely limited options at a Radio Shack, I think K&E is pretty much the only ham radio store in the state.

Visit K&E Electronics in OKC at NW 24th & Portland. It's kinda of a hard place to get in and out of...it's also pretty small. I recommend parking at the restuarant next door. I bought both my dual-band mobile antennas there, including one mag mount. I think I paid $30-$40. Can't quite remember because it was about 3 years ago. Other than extremely limited options at a Radio Shack, I think K&E is pretty much the only ham radio store in the state.
[/b]

Thanks Chris - I will check it out when I get there.

Thanks in advance….
[/b]

K&E is actually on NW 23rd. It's not the world's best stocked ham store, but hopefully they would have something that simple in stock on the day you visit. You may actually want to call ahead to make sure however.

K&E is actually on NW 23rd. It's not the world's best stocked ham store, but hopefully they would have something that simple in stock on the day you visit. You may actually want to call ahead to make sure however.
[/b]

I meant NW 23rd. I mistyped. My grandmother lives in the area on NW 24th.

Back