Visual vs. Radar experiment!

I had an interesting educational idea -- a gallery of visual vs. radar. Post your storm photo and I will retrieve the radar image for that storm and post it alongside your photo.

Rules for this experiment:
What to do: Post one of your best storm photos with (1) the exact time/date, (2) exact location, and (3) direction you are facing. Please scale it down if it's larger than 800 pixels.

Some notes:
* IMPORTANT! Please don't post the photo if you can't be certain of the accuracy of the time within five minutes. It would degrade the quality of this experiment.
* Try to avoid using photos for remote locations (see this map) as any radar images will suck. This includes places like Clayton NM, etc.
* Diversity is important. If we get too many "big tornado" photos, like 5/3/99, I will have to delete some of them. This experiment will concentrate on storm structure. Even weak storms are needed.
* Please don't post unless you can authorize us to move your image later on to the Stormtrack library, where the visual vs. radar experiment can be archived permanently.
* I will have to delete photos that are redundant, don't show storm structure or are too hazy/obscured, or don't contain enough info. Sorry.

Tim

Start with the Stormtrack Logo

Why not start with the Stormtrack Logo (Mike H's photo)?? I was able to watch the storm from a distance (Lincoln NE) and the cloud height and structure on that June day was unbelievable!!

I'm sure Mike H would have the video timeframe information on that particular storm (June 13 I believe??). Thanks for starting what would be an interesting forum topic. LJK.

Why not start with the Stormtrack Logo (Mike H's photo)?? I was able to watch the storm from a distance (Lincoln NE) and the cloud height and structure on that June day was unbelievable!!

I'm sure Mike H would have the video timeframe information on that particular storm (June 13 I believe??). Thanks for starting what would be an interesting forum topic. LJK.

http://www.extremeinstability.com/04-6-13.htm

;)

Back