Video rendering

I have a video, 1:34 long, that I would like to post, problem is I can not get the file size down small enough. I've change the window size and tried different formats when rendering, but the smallest I can get to is ~ 22 mb. Any sugestions?

Depending on what format the video is, Windows Movie Maker will compress the file to make it smaller. You could give that a try. Just import the video, drag the segments onto the storyboard, then go to file>save movie. Give that a try, but like I said, it its pretty picky on what format the file is.

I have a video, 1:34 long, that I would like to post, problem is I can not get the file size down small enough. I've change the window size and tried different formats when rendering, but the smallest I can get to is ~ 22 mb. Any sugestions?

That is the best that i think you can do roughly.. Media Player codec at 256k is the most I would go down too..

Basically means if soemone wants to view your video they need broadband connection..

Movie Maker will give you the option to render into lower quality files. I primarily use Premeire for that kind of thing, but I know when you create new "story boards", you should have the option right at the start to choose the format for which you want to render out.

Thanks for the input. I did manage to get it to ~ 13 mb using mpeg and playing with frame rates, and still had pretty good quality. But then I used the media player codec @ 512k, and slower frame rates, and crunched it to ~ 5 mb. I posted it in Weather & Chasing under “Dbl Rainbowâ€￾. If you get a chance please take a look and let me know what you think about the quality. I know it’s not going to be DVD, but I would like to post some clips this year if I can keep the file sizes down, and still be viewable.

For videos just for the internet I went back to using Windows Movie Maker , just for simpler and an easier time.

I stick with the 512k at 320x240. I still lose qaulity but it gets the job done for the internet. Of course since your trying to show a rainbow it's defiantley harder to compress and still show the colors and keep a lower bandwidth.

some wmv video at 512k here http://www.stormdriven.com/290504video.html

wow dave 512 is nice.. I like it.. i think for a project fo his size though a 256k render may be better..

A 512 I feel is real nice when viewed at 100% hard to beat that quality for webstreaming in my opinion.

I use Windows Media Encoder which has numerous options and settings along with a wizard to help out with basic setup.

Here is a video I did last night from a storm near Brownwood, Tx. The original Avi was 325Mbytes and this Wmv version set to 1000 bit rate and full screen deinterlaced is about 12.5 Mbytes! That's a huge difference - eh? Before this I did it in lower quality and it was only 7Mbytes - so you can shrink them down. For best results start off with the highest quality non-compressed video.

http://www.tornadoxtreme.com/Current_Activ...tormlight-1.wmv

Originally posted by Bill Tabor
I use Windows Media Encoder which has numerous options and settings along with a wizard to help out with basic setup.

Here is a video I did last night from a storm near Brownwood, Tx. The original Avi was 325Mbytes and this Wmv version set to 1000 bit rate and full screen deinterlaced is about 12.5 Mbytes! That's a huge difference - eh? Before this I did it in lower quality and it was only 7Mbytes - so you can shrink them down. For best results start off with the highest quality non-compressed video.

http://www.tornadoxtreme.com/Current_Activities/Feb22stormlight-1.wmv

What's your opinion on the 2 pass vs. 1 pass?

I use it when I want to mess with Media Encoder. But I've had problems with the music from the radio at times and just end up leaving it out when encoding. I have less problems with the radio music using Movie maker

Back