Video Editing Software

John O'Keeffe

What is the best video editing software in the market today at a cost under $150.00?

Ha! Good luck on that one.

Here's some to take a look at.

Pinnacle Studio 10
Avid Express
Sony Movie Studio
TMPGNEC
Microsoft Movie Maker

With the exception of TMPGNEC, these are all low end Consumer Products that will do the job in a pinch, but are certainly limited. I'm sure there are others but these seem to be the ones most often used.

John

Sony movie studio.. although limited in the tracks etc. that you can use it is a 1 solution seamless execution of raw footage to burned DVD all in one..

I use Pinnacle Studio. The great thing about this software is the grab frame feature and video editing possibilities. Ive still to learn about the whole program but as far as recommending the software I definetely do. When I purchased my Firewire Card and wire the software came with it. Good luck on your shoppig venture...

I'm using Sony Vegas... I'm really impressed by it. Much easier to use than Premiere and very speedy. You can find cheaper, older versions on eBay... I'm using V5 and it's plenty enough for me.

Tim

I'm using Sony Vegas... I'm really impressed by it. Much easier to use than Premiere and very speedy. You can find cheaper, older versions on eBay... I'm using V5 and it's plenty enough for me.

Tim

+1 Vegas is the bomb.. but of course we need to be below 150$.

with that in mind you have a good point.. I bet you could easily find an older version of Vegas real cheap on Ebay.. Or maybe you could get one from a member here on stormtrack ;)

Try out Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0.
It's Adobe's latest version of their stripped version of the pro Premiere but has about the same capabilities as Pinnacle 10.X.
I have used a lot of different programs and have determined Sony Vegas is the best for what I do, although I use Premiere Elements for on-the-fly video while chasing.
Beware of Pinnacle Studio Plus 10+. Pinnacle has put out some great products in the past but seem to be concentrating on higher-end products now yet still trying to get new consumer products out every year in time for Christmas.
In other words: If you like to update your production suite as often as you update your iTunes software, Pinnacle is okay...

Back