Verizon Rolls Out Rev. A Across Wide Swath of U.S.

J Kinkaid

Rolls Out Rev. A Across Wide Swath of U.S.

Today, 1:41 PM source: Verizon Wireless

Though Verizon Wireless just announced its 3G EV-DO Rev. A high-speed network launch two weeks ago, it made a major stride today in covering a larger footprint of the U.S. Verizon Wireless subscribers in the entire states of: Maine, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey and Mississippi now have access to the improved wireless network's downlink and uplink speeds. Along with those states, Verizon Wireless also boosted the networks in the Louisville and Lexington metro areas of Kentucky; the Nashville, Knoxville, Memphis, Chattanooga, Tri-Cities, Dyersburg, Union City and Tazewell metro areas in Tennessee; as well as Omaha, Neb., Council Bluffs, Iowa, and Topeka, Kan.

http://www.phonescoop.com/

Sweet,
Hopefully I can get a chance to use it this chase season, I know they have the new network enhancements to the Counties South of me, Hopefully My Area will be Next

EVDO is not in Indiana, I think you are referring to their high speed networking to 600K in most areas (not 3 MB.)

Actually it is, Verizion has not updated their coverage maps sence September.
I was just down in DeKalb County, Just south of me the other day, and My Phone was registering the EV settings, and I was able to browse the V cast

Understood - but that's not the Rev A (3MB) speed being referred to with this rollout. That's roughly 600K. Still very nice ;>

It is EVDO, it is not EVDO Rev A being discussed above... Still a LARGE improvement on the slow speeds - I run GEMPAK and GR2AE on my laptop and send a webcam back non-stop!

Sweet, they need to get that system in my area, Wold be better than anything I have had before. Right now I am useing a Cingular air card, but when I get the money I am getting the Verizon cad, Cingular has screwed me around real bad, expecially when I am chasing and loose my radar data trust me when I say that it stinks

I really can't complain about Verizon... I've not had any issues, high speed coverage is pretty good throughout the Great Lakes and the dialup speed still works as backup in most areas.

Back