USB GPS ISSUES

Hey friends!

I have two USB BU-353-S4 GPS devices.

I notice both (only using one at a time) have moments where it loses the signal and stuggles to locate one. This shows up in GPSGate and the led is no longer flashing but solid.

Anyone have a fix for this?

It's likely an issue with where you're at since those tend to be CGEE: either with terrain or tree cover interfering with the unit's ability to fix based on what satellites should still be in view compared from its last known point. How frequently is it dropping the signal?

It's likely an issue with where you're at since those tend to be CGEE: either with terrain or tree cover interfering with the unit's ability to fix based on what satellites should still be in view compared from its last known point. How frequently is it dropping the signal?

No trees, wide open. It runs for a while then begins to stop after a few hours.

Might require a reformatting of the port/reinstall of drivers would be my only thought if you haven't tried that. It's odd that it'd work for an extended period before dropping in and out but that makes me think it'd be an error that crops up with the setup's drivers/USB port somewhere and not with the receiver itself.

Yea the fact the both are doing it seem to point a driver or computer issue. Do you have a good window 10 driver link?

Back