Trucking Pictures

Some photos from my dash cam just to show fun of winter driving in truck:

Wyoming 12/31/19. near Wamsutter, strong winds and blowing snow with subzero temps

IMG_20191231_080828070 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Rawlins WY to Wamsutter WY, 12/31/19. by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

1/14/20. Snow storm between Salt Lake and Pocatello

IMG_20200114_092605007 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

US 20 between Idaho Falls and Yellowstone

IMG_20200114_152943410 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

IMG_20200114_155952277 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

IMG_20200114_160556776 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Idaho route 87 was pretty funny to drive

IMG_20200114_160856139 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Night of 1/15-16/20 was the coldest night in my life

IMG_20200116_035228360 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Cool photos man .. be safe! I tell you when I am filming winter weather the semi trucks haul ass regardless of the snow ... I usually have to stay back from the side of the road a bit further than normal. LOL!

Cool photos man .. be safe! I tell you when I am filming winter weather the semi trucks haul ass regardless of the snow ... I usually have to stay back from the side of the road a bit further than normal. LOL!

I had very rough drive last week in Wyoming, truck was about to jackknife twice around Elk Mountain in Wyoming going west. Meanwhile I 80 eastbound was closed. Extremely bad road conditions to drive... Stay away from semis as much as you can, bunch of us carry a lot of snow and ice blocks on our trailers.

Dealing with some snow and uncleared roads in Wyoming near Rock Springs WY 1/27/20.

US 30 toward Kemmerer WY, 02/02/20.

Crazy Mountains, Montana 02/04/20.

I know i'm most likely spamming but this is what i sing when i hit Wyoming:

According to this article from Wikipedia, this, our Yugoslavian cartoon was banned because it was too cruel for western viewers. For me it is still No1 during the winter time. I was raised on this cartoon. So as a sort of exclusive i will post it here...
"Peter Fernandez was working on an English dub for this film, but it was ultimately cancelled by American Distributors for reasons unknown, yet possibly due to the scene where Emperor Frostkill gets stabbed in the chest by the Sword of Salvation and thought it was too dark for Western viewers, namely children. "

Here's some pics from winter trucking escapades

Glenwood Canyon - Dec 2014
wintercolo-4.jpg

CDOT truck on top of Vail Pass - Dec 2014
snowplows-2.jpg

Trucks chaining up in Vail going Eastbound on I-70
chaining.jpg

My first time being chained on Vail Pass
wintertrucking-2.jpg

First time chaining.
wintertrucking-4.jpg

My first trucking job with Werner, I hauled beer out of Ft. Collins on the Anheuser Busch account.
wintertrucking-20.jpg

Trucks passing through Vail and heading up Vail Pass (eastbound)
wintertrucking-8.jpg

Trucks coming down into Vail from the east.
wintertrucking.jpg

I-80 through Wyoming is commonly referred to as the Trucker's Graveyard.
saecqLEDR3mFDAS7EOU9vw_thumb_4a71.jpg

Elk Mountain, WY. He hit black ice and rolled it.
58HjSvNcQyapzW6N5kNQMQ_thumb_461e.jpg

Ft. Bridger, WY on the way to Salt Lake City. Solid ice and 50+ mph winds.
U2ORrYoRSP+9VBtEqk+vkA_thumb_547e.jpg

Winds and blowing snow over Elk Mountain are so strong visibility is reduced to almost ZERO.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_3a1c.jpg

Elk Mountain, WY
ra8myydeR6GzDVs9uSqJ%A_thumb_42de.jpg

The black ice is a real bear up there on I-80 in Wyoming.
IMG_8868.JPG

Mandatory Swift LOL pic. Didn't brake soon enough and slid right into the ditch in front of the Laramie, WY weigh station.
IMG_7439.JPG

Take a drive through Wyoming they said, it'll be fun they said.
IMG_6516 1.JPG

I70 starting around Georgetown, CO is nerve-wracking enough in a car in the snow. I don't know how your truckers do it, even with chains.

DOT in Colorado does pretty well on I-70 as it stands. I don't get out there often like I used to. Wyoming was often just as tricky during winter due to the wind, and Snoqualmie in Washington State (I-90) was closed far more often than I-70 when I was up that way regularly, as is Donner from Nevada into California (I-80). Cabbage in Oregon (I-84) has a nasty habit of icing over as well, and that's a more treacherous slope under normal circumstances than Vail is. I'm not a big fan of running through there during winter, as I prefer to just play it safe and shut down if chains are required, but I do miss running those lanes regularly during the summer. WA to the Chicago area was always one of my favorite runs when I still ran out west regularly. Not only is it gorgeous during the summer, but parking is ample, even in the middle of the night.

I prefer I 80 over I 70 all the times. Don't like Colorado drivers and Colorado DOT. Had couple of close calls near Rawlins this winter, but managed to control my trailer.
I had crazy month, from snow near Great Falls MT, to 109 F near El Centro CA. One thing is for sure, i took my free time for nothing, these Great Plains setups force tears in my eyes :eek:

Last edited:
@Nikola Pavlovic I always preferred I-80 myself. Partially because Little America has the nicest showers you'll ever see at a truck stop. I do miss running out that way. I'm hoping once the COVID stuff is done, I can make an occasional run out that way. I miss summertime Pacific NW runs. Cabbage on the outbound leg and Fourth of July Pass on the return leg was great during the summer. When I can get things shifted over, I'll post some pics from the Gorge on I-84 even though it wasn't winter time driving.

@Drew Terril i"m familiar with Little America showers, they are very nice and unusual. Have some pretty bad meetings with Cabbage during the winter. Don't like that hill since a lot of trucks like to go down on a race. Gorge is very beautiful with all those waterfalls in spring!

@Nikola Pavlovic I've been up Cabbage when it was a solid sheet of ice. Although that wasn't as bad at the time because I was driving. My worst trip across Cabbage was when I had a trainee with me. I had to tell him several times to slow it down. That was, by far, my most nerve racking trip down Cabbage. With that said, our first time running I-90 from Spokane to Missoula was very eye opening for him. He was originally from Mexico, and he'd never seen anything like it, so it was really cool too see his appreciation for the beauty we saw through there.

I sorely miss those runs during the summer. I'll be headed for SLC on Sunday though. I'm absolutely looking forward to that. I won't be driving on the outbound leg through Wyoming, but I'll be driving on the leg headed back. I'll have the camera rolling during that stretch. I'll make sure to get some pics. Other than during the winter, I sorely miss runs up that way, although I don't miss being out for weeks at a time.

@Nikola Pavlovic I've been up Cabbage when it was a solid sheet of ice. Although that wasn't as bad at the time because I was driving. My worst trip across Cabbage was when I had a trainee with me. I had to tell him several times to slow it down. That was, by far, my most nerve racking trip down Cabbage. With that said, our first time running I-90 from Spokane to Missoula was very eye opening for him. He was originally from Mexico, and he'd never seen anything like it, so it was really cool too see his appreciation for the beauty we saw through there.

I sorely miss those runs during the summer. I'll be headed for SLC on Sunday though. I'm absolutely looking forward to that. I won't be driving on the outbound leg through Wyoming, but I'll be driving on the leg headed back. I'll have the camera rolling during that stretch. I'll make sure to get some pics. Other than during the winter, I sorely miss runs up that way, although I don't miss being out for weeks at a time.
Sounds lonely. Happy to talk some weather with anyone especially if it helps ease the wear. God bless you brother

Something from the past. Making my job even more interesting :)

Lets flat that tire Massachusetts edition. Vicious attack in Dedham MA

received_10153733744254200 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Reefer on fire on a lovely US 67 truck stop in Bald Knob AR

received_120681372169760 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Nikola, you will deliver this before hurricane hit Houston. Came out that the owner of warehouse was too afraid to come to the warehouse next morning. But he was brave enough to tell me to shoo all poor people who found refugee to their cars in this unflooded area. I refused and let poor people park their cars until owner appears (we where on the line). Stayed there three days and after that had to pickup load in Beaumont before that area was flooded.
As a Serb i went through bunch of BS in my short life, there is no wonder western people use to say: if there is an end to the world only cockroaches and Serbs would survive. But i don't wanna engage in politics.
I have complain about fire ants, they are annoying!

harvi2 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Guy parked his car and i had opportunity to watch that car going submerged and without battery

FB_IMG_1527295838157 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

I 10 between Houston and Beaumont was not a joke

received_10155093556709200 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

received_10155093557524200 by Nikola Pavlovic, on Flickr

Last edited:
These are from a recent trip to Utah. Unfortunately, I had run out of film (and my local store was closed due to COVID), so everything I did was digital work this go around.
IMG_0208.jpg
IMG_0209.jpg

This was last year as I was preparing to pull out of the Love's near El Reno. I was still learning the film camera, so I didn't capture it as well as I would have liked.
73610010.jpg

This was the following day in California. Codriver had taken over, so I took advantage of that time in the jump seat to get some good pictures as we progressed eastbound on I-40.
73610024.jpg

73610021.jpg

Sunrise that morning while sitting at the shipper.
IMG_9360.jpg

Columbia River (and I believe Mt Hood) back in 2016, during my first year of truck driving. I wish I had made a point to take more pictures during that first year, as I spent most of that crisscrossing the Rockies and Cascades, but very rarely go out west with the company that I drive for currently. I don't miss being out for weeks at a time, but I do miss the runs out west, especially as the weather gets warmer (I don't miss chaining up in winter).
IMG_6617.jpg
IMG_6618.jpg

Back