• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Tornadoes Strike in Los Angeles County, bringing California’s tornado count to yearly average

Link to the article
KTLA reporting 2 tornadoes touching down in Compton and Carson, bringing California’s tornado count already to its yearly average. I haven’t seen this many tornadoes strike Los Angeles County in a relatively short period of time, and we’re not even halfway through the year. Anyone know what the yearly average for Los Angeles County is or know where I can find that information?

Yet another vehicle flipped on camera--Palm Beach:

A near miss here (language)

I think some vehicle interactions might be due to the gig economy---everyone has to have two jobs---a side-hustle---just to make ends meet.

The result might be what you would call an "anti-chaser:" a well connnected driver interested in everything BUT the weather.

Years ago---you not only had no mobile-phone pictures---but the weatherman would interrupt motorists car radios from playing music---not to mention wives "stories" and Dad's sports.

But the door-dashers are so busy trying to earn a buck---they wind up driving right into bad weather. Just a guess.

Back