Tornado Watch

Amazing. Max 0-3 SRH is 1200+ right now. Looks like we have to keep a close eye on MS (especially Central and Eastern) where signifcant heating with Capes 1500+ are occurring. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some strong tornadoes develop there between now and 7pm. Everything parameter looks favorbale for TOR's.

Yeah... By later afternoon, we could see some strong tornadoes, especially across AL. We very rarely have this type of instability available, and SRH is flying off the hook. Additionally, 0-6KM deep-layer shear is >40KTS across AL.

I saw that Nick. 45+ Kts of shear. And as far as CAPE goes...still several hours of strong heating. Very interesting.

Maybe we should just move these threads over to Tornado Warnings so we are in the same place? I guess I'll post that info. over there.

Very nice storm west of Brewton, AL attm... Showing a very nice couplet on radar and just got TOR-warned. The storm to the south of that in the FL panhandle also shows some rotation... I wouldn't be surprised if they both were producing tornadoes right now.

Back