Tornado Outbreak?

Looks like numerous cells in MS, AL and GA are being warned for doppler tornadoes right now...including a VERY strong TVS Signature in Southeast Alabama as of 3:45pm. One cell had 2 tornadoes indicated by radar a short while ago.

Trees down and structural damage in Dadeville, AL. Tornado warning extended to next part of Tallapoosa County.

Any chasers on the storms in AL?

Trees down and structural damage in Dadeville, AL. Tornado warning extended to next part of Tallapoosa County.

Well, I highly doubt there are many (if any) people out there chasing all that stuff. Infact, I believe the reason why there hasn't been any tornado reports today is because there are VERY FEW spotters out. The majority of all these tornadoes will be rain-wrapped, although I'm sure there will be a few nice storms in AL/GA/FL panhandle.

But after this spring chase season, today and tomorrow might be the best chase days of 2005??!? LOL. Tomorrow I expect the Appalachians and Ohio Valley to get a active tornado outbreak also... Probably another Moderate risk.

....There must be 10-20 tornado warnings in Alabama today already.

But after this spring chase season, today and tomorrow might be the best chase days of 2005??!? LOL. Tomorrow I expect the Appalachians and Ohio Valley to get a active tornado outbreak also... Probably another Moderate risk.

....There must be 10-20 tornado warnings in Alabama today already.

Territory in the southeast is often pretty bad for chasing. While I myself have chased in northern MS before, I will say that area is pretty good. However, I know from quite a few other people that most of southern AL/GA is pretty much forest... Therefore, there will definitely be very few photops. :lol:

Hey Nick...isn't that "Burning Spear" you've got pictured? I've been a big fan for decades.

Joel, are you talking about my avatar? That's a 2004 mugshot of George Clinton (funk-musician)... :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by nickgrillo+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nickgrillo)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-HAltschule

Well, I highly doubt there are many (if any) people out there chasing all that stuff. Infact, I believe the reason why there hasn't been any tornado reports today is because there are VERY FEW spotters out. The majority of all these tornadoes will be rain-wrapped, although I'm sure there will be a few nice storms in AL/GA/FL panhandle.[/b]

I suspect the reason as well, is that their are very few spotters/chasers out, and perhaps even so, their is always the possibility of rain wrapped tornado's. I was suspecting to see MANY LSR's today, and yesterday night, and did not. I doubt many chasers would go after these...as they said...these type tornado's are very hard to track on radar, and are short-lived. I do not know if they classifiy tropical storm spawned tornadoes as outbreaks....anything is possible..

Several Tornado touchdowns in Georgia right now with major damage. Video is being shown of house almost completely destroyed on one of the New Orleans feeds. Strong shear couplet being observed on doppler right now also....

Tell that to the people in the Carolina's that had F2 and F3 tornadoes move through with T.D. Beryl.

I do not know if they classifiy tropical storm spawned tornadoes as outbreaks....anything is possible..

Yes, they can. Tornado outbreaks can be classified as outbreaks whether they are triggered by hurricanes, scattered supercells or a cold front. Usually these tornadoes are very difficult to warn for however today's cells have been rather organized tornadic supercells that lasted for quite awhile. That's a result of the 1200+ SRH and CAPE of 2000+.

LSR from Georgia now reporting long lived tornado :shock: :shock: and widespread structural damage with people trapped. Another tornadic supercell is now moving across the east side of Atlanta with others northeast and south of the city.

AT 711 PM EDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A TORNADO NEARUNDINE...OR ABOUT 6 MILES NORTHWEST OF CLAXTON...MOVING NORTHEAST AT 10 MPH. THE TORNADO IS CROSSING HIGHWAY 129 IN WESTERN EVANS COUNTY.

Just saw some pretty good video from a helicopter showing damage from a tornado in GA (I think), presumably from yesterday. Most of the damage was to outbuilding, with F1/F2-looking damage to most of the houses.

Back