Tornado filmers funnel profits to victims

Re: Stormchasers help Doyle buy Celtic Ray buildings

The only other time I have heard of anyone doing anything on a scale like that was with these kids who donated profits from there tornado video to help people. I don't know of any storm chasers that have given all that much to help out those who lives become changed by the storms they love to watch.

http://www.towerofstorms.net/sls22/recipie...onproceeds.html

We already have orders for 28 more DVDs. 128 total so far, which appears to dwarf by comparison with what you did. Any suggestions on how we can pick up the pace? Bear in mind that Jim LaDue don't have a lot of time and resources for an overall ad campaign, but we're willing to listen to suggestions.

Oh, we've donated two DVDs as door prizes at the Denver convention, in exchange for free advertising on the Web site.

FYI - a portion of the proceeds for the second edition are now going to the Red Cross International Response Fund for tsunami relief.

I don't know of any storm chasers that have given all that much to help out those who lives become changed by the storms they love to watch.

Many of us choose to donate our time and sweat to help the victims of severe storms and tornadoes. Having volunteered in the cleanup efforts in Thayer County, NE in 2004 and Lancaster County, NE this past year has helped me keep what I do in perspective with regards to the "big picture" (that is, the hobby I enjoy can be a terrifying, destructive and sometimes fatal experience for many others.)

For those of us who really aren't too interested in material wealth and ulterior gains, the giving of time and resources is just as valuable as any amount of money that a person can donate.

Regards,

Mike

I'll agree with Mike on this one...there are more than one way to help out with victims, and not all of them can be measured by money standards. As Mike mentioned, many of us here spot for our local home towns and/or help out in the clean up effort after such storms. My area has been pretty lucky as of late...but my town was hit by an F3 tornado several years ago, and I too was there the next morning helping the families get their belongings together.

The first part of your post was about how you helped the business. The rest was about you getting your movie viewed by the 'big shots' in Hollywood, which is the part I was really talking about when I said that it had nothing to do with these two teens donating thousands of dollars to their hometown after the tornado.

Back