Todays CT, MA and NH Thunderstorms

Starting around 5:00pm, I was up in the Granby area. The thunderstorms that developed in Central CT strengthened as they moved North East. I worked an area around the Pioneer Valley through Windsor Locks near the BDL.

Around 6:30pm, one of the stronger cells that passed through East Granby did a fair about of damage. Tree limbs in the road and I came across a house that had a massive, MASSIVE tree fall right on it. According to the home owner, it didn't break the roof but damaged the trim and the gutter.

Later into the night after 7:40 pm I got some great photos and video of several cloud to ground strikes SW of Windsor Locks. Although there was a chance of hail, I did not see any. From what I saw on the radar, the hail was occurring further north towards Keene NH.

There was very minor flooding but rainfall was very heavy. Visibility became very poor as the day got darker.

I'm editing and uploading video to YouTube now and photos will be uploaded to my website (link is in the signature section below). Check in about an hour for them.

-Dave.

All I can say is that I'm really jealous :) I've watched every cold front this season split right around NYC and head towards you and down to about Seaside Heights and south. Maybe this Thursday I'll at least get a thunderstorm! :)

All I can say is that I'm really jealous :) I've watched every cold front this season split right around NYC and head towards you and down to about Seaside Heights and south. Maybe this Thursday I'll at least get a thunderstorm! :)

Yea, it's been really weird. I've been hoping for a good storm to come across Long Island Sound but so far, no such luck. I'm bummed too because the view from the beaches in Milford CT would be perfect for watching thunderstorms. You can see straight across the sound, it's perfect!!! If only mother nature would cooperate!:D

If you guys want to see some descent video in the eastern and northeast usa of storm you can check out http://www.dailymotion.com/ckaskey I'm finding it hard to see anything online ie youtube, dailymotion of any quality and most of the time people have no idea what they are taking and or taking stuff with a bad quality cell phone.

Back