Time problem

The times posted for the thread replies is two hours behind for me. Where do you go to change the time zone you're in? I cant find it.

Go to your User Control Panel, on the left side under Settings & Options, click on Edit Options and it will be all the way at the bottom.

There actually seems to be something wrong. The footer says to me:
All times are GMT +3. The time now is 05:24 PM.

The time zone is right, we went to daylight time today. However, the time is 6:22 PM right now, not 5:24 PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Tim is just trying to take our extra hour of heating away. :mad: Or maybe this would be adding an hour!

I can't get mine right. I am on Central time, but if I choose GMT-5 it is one hour behind. GMT-4 makes it one our ahead. I can't win.

OK. Finally. I guess I had the wrong setting on DST updates. It is now off and I selected GMT-4 hours and am now on Central time!!!

The time might be correct but the settings aren't. It should be -6 CDT to get the correct time however that is giving the incorrect time.

I just took the plunge and set the time zone to UTC+4, which is currently in use in Western Russia and Moscow until this gets sorted. Although even now the clock is not exact, but 2 minutes ahead(as it was 58 minutes behind when the setting was on UTC+3, which is the currently effective time zone where I live)

I noticed the other day time was off on my computer not sure why since it was set to the proper zone with auto daylight savings but it was an hour off. Later after messing with it, it was then 12 hours off AM rather than PM. Maybe just user error, but I noticed it when using Tim's Digital Atmosphere. So maybe this is a 'feature' between Digital Atmosphere and Stormtrack or some kind of Vasquez ultimate April Fools? :D Seems to be working ok since I made the changes.

Uh oh. Just noticed my post above says 4:22, but in realitiy it is 5:20 and that is what my computer time shows. Hmmm..... Wonder what the deal is. My Stormtrack profile is set correctly. Sounds like this may be a bug.

Test post to see what removing auto daylight saving adjust in profile does.

Edit: Nope that makes it 3:25. Going the wrong way. Perhaps I should set it to Mountain time. This is odd. Perhaps because Windows auto adjusts but the software is doing it too?

Ok, displaying time correctly now but I had to switch to Eastern Time (-5 hours GMT) and Daylight Savings Time Always On. However note I am in Austin in Central time.

Someone needs to identify this bug and fix please.

You don't need to post to read - just look at the bottom of your screen and it says "current time"

In the grand scheme, I can't imagine this is that big of a deal. It displays the time correctly, so don't worry about it until DST ends ;)

Back