The Weather Cast launches on Dish TV

Channel surfing after a hard days work led me to a new channel... A new weather channel called The WEATHERCAST based out of the Twin Cities. What's really cool is it's the way how the Weather Channel use to be years ago except of course with all the new technologies and graphics. Also, they use different modes of radar including radial velocities. It looks as though they may use Gibson Ridge for their radars!

Also, I feel a little closer to home tonight as Paul Douglas, former chief meteorologist for WCCO TV in Minneapolis is one of the main on camera guys and I believe maybe the CEO or at least general manager of this new channel. I only discovered this literally minutes ago so I'm sure much more will be discovered. If you have Dish Network, check it out on ch. 213. They have a High Def. channel too. Interested in getting some feedback on how folks who can pick this up like this.

Another eye opening detail I found out, The Weather Channel is actually being REPLACED by the Weather Cast.. The Weather Channel apparently will no longer be available soon on Dish. Below is the article I found: http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20100520-715627.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Back