New mini weather station MeteoTracker for tracking weather measurements on the go

Timoteo Galia

Enthusiast
Greetings everyone, I'm experimenting with a new mini weather station to collect data on the move in my storm chasings.

In the past I used a Davis station on the roof of my car and some python scripts to extrapolate useful data from the station and the network, to understand the evolution of an adverse weather event.
w3lWVIIE57k5kSxugDOK6dPWGa8Z2et2_0BWj5hV-LdhBN9VlwRG_IYaNlbwwG_IvYtLojiopt7R0wWhuYRlNj1LThK8tt2UGbIZJOCLMf7fj13bD1U800LAntPIe5N1Y-NyPZ4T

Since lately I am using also this mini station that facilitates my life a lot .. I report here some lines of description taken from an Italian weather site, it is a made in Italy product created by 2 engineers who worked in Chicago in Motorola, a high quality product and at the same time low cost.

UeAtpYE4j_VBnamLlC2p0klkNUQ_GrwZpLzGNQgOEmg4WlOsbBnymxdvhuf5L6SveZlBHOpzO4-CmTeSCU2-HaY_OGyvFcijbclyUvnI2LsmO_BPwKsF-Wd0DJLJW8JGJ1v6BEat

From now on, monitoring temperature, relative humidity and atmospheric pressure in a professional, continuous and georeferenced manner is possible thanks to MeteoTracker, a device created by the electronics engineers of the Italian startup IoTopon Srl: a small object that fits in one hand, inexpensive and easy to use, yes attached with a magnet to the roof of the car and has been designed to provide values reliable, even under the sun, moving with a speed from 2mph.

The MeteoTracker App every few meters records, visualizes, geo-tags and sends the measured weather data to the cloud.
The data are real-time visualized in the user smartphone APP on maps and graphs. Also you can visualize in real time weather data collected by other meteotrackers
[ even around you for storm chasing] on a web platform, where they can be analyzed in depth by map, graphs and numeric format.
The mini-station implements a patented system for solar radiation correction (RECS, Radiation Error Correction System), so that temperature measurements are very accurate even under strong solar radiation at very low speed.
In turn, the absence of shielding structures allows the sensors ample exposure to ventilation and, therefore, very high measurement speed. This is essential for the correct measurement of sharp thermal variations typically encountered on the move.

Below are some images of weather data collected on the move in France, Germany and Alaska.

jD8K8PnfhF_7Bv7H8oLK4rZk61ObQZIX9C7ea2CbnW1SkchS9EMSfHveLh989wWLjWawuIEWre5GOMZGqqIomWQ5iB-Q_ntUiM5L4WxIrxdUt0_ESLmPDzJv6TLcc62j1OulL66_

wevFMoxLNrQRWD7bBgXuyIhkGYxJSIVkL4vcyZ1tCtHoVFBz6HcH7HpOWMIluzGV6bOKYi9ioBytgtXvTPcXWCbLdKA7BBE2QyBanPT_vTK5bdEf7CPZbGeVY9dLAHs6rYnuBANW

ibfy8NQXtTY5enVP80YNbLoCA6gcsAvL1Q2iYrw2ew8BVUN6sFotixgsgskPXhQuerSx9l1Krd5dd4WijECpXB5TCPgvn1oB_2PPX1901T3s-7UzObXmbaOnWA_lVJIWJg_5tScw

1609662908030.png

Last edited:
In addition to what you will find on the internet net about this product, I add that the product is evolving rapidly, it is possible to participate in the definition of new features to be included... both hardware and software (there will soon be the integration of the anemometer and a capacitive sensor for rain and you could think of a version of the mobile app for storm chasers, as the one for paragliding is already being developed)

Back