The ARRL Repeater Directory. Does anyone use this?

I came across ARRL's repeater directory. It sells for $9.95. Does anyone use this or is there a better resource that I can access?

Darin,

For what it costs, the Repeater Directory is a great resource. I'd highly recommend it. I use it frequently when I'm out of town.

Ben

I came across ARRL's repeater directory. It sells for $9.95. Does anyone use this or is there a better resource that I can access?

I bought one last year and don't use it. If I can find it I'll ship it to you for free. Send me a PM with your address.

Heck yeah, I sure use it. Been a few times when we were miles from the nearest bigger city and I jumped on a local repeater and was able to find a local place open to eat I would not have known about otherwise. One time I used it to find a local repeater and get some help when I was broke down. Nor more than it costs, it's a good information source to have around "just in case".

Tyler Allison is very kindly shipping me his copy. Thanks for the info everyone. Tim, there's not much to see in Rossville is there?

I didn't blink Darin :wink: I think you'll find the repeater directory to be a very convenient source. It's so easy to find information on the web these days, but the size of the book makes it very convenient to throw in the console of your vehicle. The only complaint I have is that mine is falling apart.............now where did I put that roll of gray tape????

Also keep in mind, when using the repeater directory, that there may be a few repeaters that have had tones added to them if you don't have the most current edition, and even if you do. That can cause a person to wonder why they can't get into a machine sometimes......

Tim

ARRL also sells a directory on CD. It's called TravelPlus for Repeaters. It's a little pricy at $40, but if you buy it before April 30, 2005, it comes with the standard print repeater directory as a bonus.

I've been thinking about ordering it because the CD has a cool feature that let's you import in the repeaters into Street Atlas. This would be good for chasing in areas that I don't have my radios programmed for. You could see the location of the repeater and compared to yours (assuming you have GPS).

Back