The Andover, KS Tornado

Now that you guys mention it, that clip does look very Tuscaloosa-esque. I'd seen it before but never made the connection.

I'm a bit of a severe weather history buff, and have poured over countless tornado videos, but in my mind, the video of the Andover, KS tornado shot from the country club contains the most violent and terrifying motion ever captured.

This is why I wish someone of Grazulis level of quality would take over at the weather channel.

O/T my two favorite weather programs couldn't be more different. Skilling at the high end of course--but I miss the minimalism of AM WEATHER, Carl Weiss and Joan van Ahn.

I actually wrote them and asked for the pointing sticks--and what do you know--they gave them to me! I wonder who got the map.

There was a gentile quality to that program that is lost in the Extreme--this-that-or-the-other.

Andover seemed to be a turning point in my mind--it pointed to the height of chasing in the 1990s. There was a feel good era--a sad thing to say about severe weather.

Things seem to have become darker in ways I cannot explain.

if u go on youtube and look up "andover, Kansas tornado" you'll get a list of videos and 1 of the users on youtube under the username "Dadof4spartans" will have the footage of the tornado, including when it transformed into multi-vortex stage. u can c the 4 or 5 vorticies going around it. :)

hey jay cazel, i'm a total andover freak so when u can get the pics in from that day, plz let me know and post them on here. thanx and god bless :)

I remember seeing something happened with a fire hydrant. Anyone ever see crazy video or pics of a hydrant that was damaged torn out etc. from this tornado?

Back