Target Area Dating Rules?

This is more of a question than a comment. IIRC, I thought that the rule for dating Target Area threads was that the dates basically follow the same time format as the official Storm Reports on the SPC site. In other words, activity up until 7:00am CDT is to be included in "yesterday's" thread. I noticed that a new May 2 NOW thread was begun around 3:00am in the morning. Not intending to nit pick anyone at all - and I could be wrong - but perhaps we could get a clarification on this from one of the mods. I know this site has always valued keeping the Target Area posts uniform and consistent for archival purposes, etc.

Yikes...

I felt a whole lot better after I read the content of your post.

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone was wanting to organize all of the participants in the chaser convergence's that have been reported lately particularly now that we are a fully co-ed group. ;)

Back to question, I believe you are correct about the date usage.

I did not see it listed in the TA rules when the period starts and stops for events, but I agree that it makes sense to follow the SPC convention of 12 zulu (7 am central). I have tentatively moved the first two posts in the 5/2 Now thread over to the 5/1 thread.

Yikes...

I felt a whole lot better after I read the content of your post.

When I first read the title of this thread, I thought someone was wanting to organize all of the participants in the chaser convergence's that have been reported lately particularly now that we are a fully co-ed group. ;)

Back to question, I believe you are correct about the date usage.

LOL...yeah...was thinking the title was going to be about somehow we'd have to now list our relationship status (single, married, in a relationship, it's complicated, etc.) in the target area....like on facebook.:rolleyes:

It seems like a good convention (7am CDT). I can see some gray areas, but few and far between. I don't thing winter or tropical systems have to worry about these since they have their own sections and rule sets.

Back