Tapatalk

Steve Miller

Owner Emeritus
Staff member
Supporter
I'm pleased to announce we have integrated with Tapatalk. For those unfamiliar, Tapatalk is a third-party application designed to deliver forum content to your mobile device. We initially did not think Tapatalk would be necessary since this board is responsive and well-tuned for mobile use. Still, the Tapatalk faithful, myself included, were a convincing bunch!

On your device you can download Tapatalk, then search for Stormtrack. Currently the old ST is still indexing so you'll need to ensure you choose the ST instance that is associated with our new logo.
I want to remind you the application is third-party therefore ST staff will be unable to offer support for the app.

Enjoy!

Thanks Steve. I'll have to download the app. That'll be helpful since I can't seem to post from my Note 4 (although I CAN update my status from it)

I had to do the same thing a couple of days ago Rob, but I didn't get the error message. I'll see if I can remove ST from TT and go through it again to determine if I can replicate the error.

I just went through the process again and you have to make sure to select the new ST (new logo) versus the old one with Chris Collura's logo. On the join screen I selected "use different profile" and typed in my credentials from there. I believe it's still seeing the old ST information, so if you follow the above it should work just fine. I didn't receive any errors when making those selections on both occasions of going through the process.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have tried for several days, n luck. I deleted the old Stormtrack and asked to join the new stormtrack. Never saw where I could confirm the URL. The error message I get is "This forum is currently not available, please try again later". I am using Tapatalk Pro.

You have to select this one versus the old one in your pictures above, which has Chris Collura's hurricane image in the logo from the old forum. Please try to use this one and see if it changes your TT experience.

a1e5562a46c2d98fb2a77fbc179809c7.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Delete the old ST first (from TT) and give it another whirl. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

By the way, we have a ticket in with TT to delete the old one to avoid any further confusion.

After deleting the old ST profile from TT this morning and clearing cache this afternoon I haven't seen that old ST profile again. It didn't affect my ability to be up and running in short order though, it just made the old profile disappear for me.

I cleared my cache in the settings box, and logged out of my profile entirely. You're on Tapatalk Pro?

I've done a search of their entire catalog, there is only the one "stormtrack forum and it is the old one. Wonder if they deleted the wrong one??

Shows how long it's been since I used Tapatalk. Didn't realize you had to have an account with them (or link with Facebook) just to use the app.

Im using the free version and found the forum no problem. This is actually my first time using TT but I was forced to since the site wouldn't work on Chrome for Android.

Didn't they drop curtains on the Pro version in May 2014? I read you were all suppose to become VIP users if you have a TT ID, but not sure what it all means without reading up on it.

I want to remind you the application is third-party therefore ST staff will be unable to offer support for the app.

I had the old version of ST removed from TT yesterday. The current site is the only option available. Please delete your app, reinstall, sign into TT, search for Stormtrack, select and then enter your uname and pass for the site.
This series of steps will absolutely ensure you are clearing your app cache and installing the most current version of TT.
This is all we've got, folks.

Mark - I had no idea! Thanks for the info. I deleted and noticed I couldn't reinstall so that makes sense :) That was the ticket.

Back