Surface convergence, anyone?

Just noticed this in the northern plains (thanks to Jim Southard for pointing this out to me):

2005083104_metars_pir.gif

Now, WNW winds gusting 25-35mph vs. ESE winds gusting 20-25mph... That has got the be the strongest signal for surface convergence that I have ever seen! There must be one heck of a "battle" ongoing in the central Dakotas. It's not too often that you see a 180 degree wind differential across a front, especially with a 50mph total velocity magnitude difference.

Just noticed this in the northern plains (thanks to Jim Southard for pointing this out to me):

2005083104_metars_pir.gif

Now, WNW winds gusting 25-35mph vs. ESE winds gusting 20-25mph... That has got the be the strongest signal for surface convergence that I have ever seen! There must be one heck of a "battle" ongoing in the central Dakotas. It's not too often that you see a 180 degree wind differential across a front, especially with a 50mph total velocity magnitude difference.

Wow pretty neat KJMS-KBIS. I remember the front going through very early this morning. Thanks for sharing Jeff.

Back