Supercell over Geneva, lightning picts

These are not normal! Holy cow...

I wonder from where or how you shot these with regard to your own safety, being at such a high vantage point!
Maybe I should spend some time in the Pyrenees over here, but to get this result is not going to be easy ;) ...I might possibly crap out when lightning comes this close with me in mid air.
Congratulations!

Oscar

Whoop whoop! Batten down the server hatches, this thread has been linked at Reddit.

I've always been curious if Reddit was on par with FARK in terms of server traffic.

Awesome lightning as usual! I'm thinking you had even "better" ones striking the hills in some mountain, right?

Thanks for all your comments. Yes Mike I had a chance to catch nice lightnings over the Alps during the 10th of september. The Salève is a nice place. There is a nice view over Geneva and its lake on one side, and the Alps and the White Mount on the other side.

As requested on a French forum, I made a few crops. I'm sure you will enjoy them as well.

foudre-impact-1.jpg

foudre-impact-2.jpg

foudre-impact-3.jpg

foudre-impact-4.jpg

Christophe

Ohhh man now that is just INSANE!! Thank you very much for these croped images...absolutely outstanding! Now I am more than sure that these are the best lightning images I've ever seen!

Wow and you never got hit with lightning amazing. You must have realy been up close. Keep up the good work!

Back