Structure Failure Thread

For formality sake - 3-by-5 (by some reports), or 1/12 (by some reports) of SuperDome roof compromised.

Harvey LA - Hotel collapse, reports of several people trapped.

Gulfport MS - Roof slammed into apartment building trapping several people, rescue attempts ongoing.

For formality sake - 3-by-5 (by some reports), or 1/12 (by some reports) of SuperDome roof compromised.

The pics just shown on MSNBC look like it's about 1% of the roof covering. That is a tiny hole in comparison to the size of the roof.

Reports of hospitals in New Orleans with water coming into them.

Reports of the possibility of the roof coming off the hospital.

Parking garage coming apart at hospital...

Levee break near Industrial Canal (9th Ward) in New Orleans Parish, 3-8 feet of water coming over the levee right now. Heard on the radio and on the web at http://www.wwltv.com

Reports of:
* new report of a levee breach on the east side of NO.
* reports of people on their roofs. Does anyone know exactly where this is happening?
* Mississippi - reports of boats slamming into buildings
* reports of sail boats crossing highway 90

What else are you guys hearing?

Reports of:
* new report of a levee breach on the east side of NO.
* reports of people on their roofs. Does anyone know exactly where this is happening?
* Mississippi - reports of boats slamming into buildings
* reports of sail boats crossing highway 90

What else are you guying hearing?

Fox was reporting the "people on roofs"... I think that was east and southeast of New Orleans in that se tip of LA there. Someone on Fox even said "hundreds" of folks on their roofs, but I imagine this is drastically exaggerated.

On a related note... I love how some of the news folks show sheet metal floating around in the wind as if it takes massively high wind speeds to do that... :roll:

Gulfport Shelter Damaged.

Reports from Harrison Central 9th Grade School in North Gulfport are that three of four walls there have collapsed. Rescue efforts are in progress. There were about 100 people sheltered there.

Back