Stratford IA F3 Tornado 11-12-2005

I am looking for video of the Stratford IA tornado from 11-12-2005. I recall someone on here had it in one of the DVDs they are selling. Did a search and have scoured the site, and can't seem to find it. Hoping someone here can direct me in the right direction.

I was on this storm and at the time did not own a video camera. I was using my digital camera's video mode, and weak batteries made my focus all messed up. I got less than 10 seconds of half decent video of it as it was going through town.

Anyways I'd appreciate the help.

That video was awesome.. As it hit the house it was coming around from the backside in a circular fashion as the guy with the cam was filming outside from the front door.. I did a search on Youtube and was unable to find it...

That video was awesome.. As it hit the house it was coming around from the backside in a circular fashion as the guy with the cam was filming outside from the front door.. I did a search on Youtube and was unable to find it...

That was Woodward IA.

http://stormgasm.com/11-12-05/11-12-05.htm Evidently this was after Woodward and the same storm. Those two tornadic supercells were very close to one another.

That's the only video I know of from that day, at least in that area(other than the Des Moines TV chasers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasin't the Stratford tornado rated a EF-2 and responsible for 1 fatality?

Tornado entered Stratford at f2, and at the home where the fatality occured, was upgraded to f3. Enhanced f scale not in effect then.

Boone-Hamilton-map1.jpg

Back