Storm Photos - Rainbows

I couldn't remember if we've ever had this as a photo theme in here or not. Thought I'd throw it in anyway. This rainbow was behind a storm I was trailing after work one evening a couple years ago. I had forgotten all about it until going back through some photos from 2004. It had gotten lost in the shuffle with all the storms that year. If anyone has photos of rainbows they've taken and would like to share, I'm sure everyone would enjoy seeing them.

<div align="center">
webRainbow_filtered.jpg
</div>

I took this shot in March 2003 in Death Valley CA. A small storm had passed thru around sunset and the colors were absolutely amazing! I had the idea that Death Valley would be a total wasteland but it's truly one of the most visually stunning places in the country (even when there are no storms!).

<div align="center">
rainbow_dv.jpg
</div>

Best rainbow I have witnessed to date is this one in the WV mountains from a December 2004 thunderstorm near Mahan, WV. This is one of the best vistas visible from the WV Turnpike, and I always thought it would be great if a rainbow formed over it. This day, it happened and I was there.

strb.jpg

strb1.jpg

The brightest rainbow I've ever witnessed was this one in Maywood, Nebraska on June 10, 2004.

strb2.jpg

strb3.jpg

I always liked this picture pair... The rainbow occured while the sun was below the horizon and the picture to the right is what the sunset looked like at the time of the rainbow.

Pretty neat for some passing showers.

Wow, awesome photos everyone!

Here's a storm/rainbow shot my sister took in the early spring a couple of years ago in Ellensburg.

[attachmentid=310]

Back